One Year Old Teething!

Help!! The little boy is cutting his one year molars and he is miserable!!

He is cutting one on the top right side and one on the bottom right side which is filled with fluid. The doctor said it is ok and we should keep an eye on it. In the meantime, he is so unhappy. I am desperate for some advice to ease his discomfort. He is too unhappy to even sleep.

Thank you!

Thank you ladies!!! We are using the teething tablets and they are great. Between that and the oral meds, he is doing better today. I think part of that is the blister *finally* broke (ewwwwww!). Thank you so much for the quick responses!

My little 9 month old is getting his top two - so I can relate.

There's lots of great suggestions here, I've got one more: Try taking him out, outside, shopping, wherever. That's worked for my son, I put him in the front carrier and he's so busy looking around that he is distracted from the discomfort. This way we both get a little break.

Plus, don't know if you have this problem, but I can't get him to swallow the liquid baby meds. I asked the pharmacist for an equivalent suppository and they had one. Works great, we don't struggle and I know he's getting a full dose.

I just had a Mom recommend teething tablets to me - you can find them at Wal-Greens. They work and disolve easily!

My 10 month old has been a horrible teether and the Humphrey's homepathic pellets seem to work pretty good. You can find them at walgreens or walmart usually! Hope that helps!

Oh I remember those days! It so hard to watch your kid be in pain and there is nothing you can do about it. But one thing that I did when my daughter was cutting her teeth is I went out and bought one of those little infant toothpaste bottles that comes with the finger scrubber so you can clean their gums with it. Well I used to just take that and some baby ambisol and just rub where she was teething every night till she feel asleep. It was really the only thing I could do to get sleep as well. I hope this helps. Single mom of a 6yr old girl.

3 words for ya...Hylands Teething Tablets.....They work wonders, I would give my son 3 during the day and if he was really fussy it would relax him enough to soothe him to sleep and at nite I would give them to him along with some Tylenol or Motrin. Normally just the tablets alone worked wonders. You get them at Walgreens or Walmart.

My son had a really hard time, too. The best thing that we found was the baby orajel and tylenol. We'd also give him a frozen wet washcloth to chew on. Good Luck!

Put a damp washcloth in the freezer (in a ziplock baggie so it won't freeze to the other stuff). Pull it out and rub on his gums or have him chew on it. The "ice" acts as a pain-reliever and will help to decrease the pain.

My little ones got some relief from "chewing on" spoons that I kept in the freezer. Keep a close watch, but it may give some relief! Good luck! Also, when I have a toothache, I put Melaleuca Oil on the outside of my mouth, right where the pain is. Its unbelievable absorbtion and penetrating qualities are amazing, not to mention the anestetic and healing properties!

1 / 3