Oliver...What...??? (Middle Name Question)

My husband and I can't agree on a middle name. We both love the name Oliver though. Our other two children have the middle names of Zander and Skye.

This is what we have come up with so far:

Oliver Liam (he doesn't like)
Oliver Allen (both our father's middle name)
Oliver Maxwell (he likes, I don't)
Brody Oliver (I want Oliver as a first name, otherwise I love this)

Please Help!

Sorry to confuse anyone, I didn't mean to give the impression that I wanted you to choose from my list. I was just letting you all know what we had come up with so far. I will take any and all suggestions you wonderful ladies have!

Our last name actually is R. ;)

Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions, I will let you all know what we decide!

Go with Oliver Allen. It has a nice rhythm to it, plus meaning. I really like it...and honestly, it does sound so nice together!

I love Brody Oliver if decide that you can go w/Oliver as his middle name.

Otherwise:

Oliver Ryan
Oliver Matthew

Aww, I love Oliver. We just had a girl, but if she had been a boy, he would have been Oliver Henry. Oliver Allen sounds nice!

Oliver Brody or Oliver Allen. I think it's nice to go with both father's middle names too.

Otherwise:

Oliver Ryan
Oliver Matthew

Why not Oliver Brody?

Since you both like Oliver and the first name is the one that's most important- why not just choose Allen as the middle name so it will have meaning for your son and your fathers will be happy too? (And I think it sounds good. I love the name Oliver by the way- how British of you!)

Our son's name is Oliver DeRay (family name) spelled with capital R.

Oliver Twist! Ok, just kidding,,,sorry!! Oliver Liam sounds elegant to me...my favourite.

Oliver John
Oliver Cole
Oliver Cooper

Congrats!

Oliver is such a nice name.
How about:

Oliver.... Madison
Oliver.... Palmer
Oliver.... Leif
Oliver... Hugo
Oliver... Maxim
Oliver.... Bramwell
Oliver... Bradson
Oliver.... Camden
Oliver.... Ancil (French name, meaning adherent of a Noble Man).
Oliver... Dillon
Oliver... Bay
Oliver.... Caspian
Oliver... Sinclair
Oliver.... Cooper
Oliver.... Corben
Oliver... Tristan
Oliver... Dax (A French name, it means Leader) Some say it means 'water' as well.
http://www.babynames.com/name/DAX
Oliver.... Blaise
Oliver... Samuel
Oliver... Paxton
Oliver... Phoenix (Not the place. But the Phoenix is a very strong symbolic Bird in many cultures... signifying positive strength/rebirth and immortality. It is a symbol used in many cultures and is highly regarded)

Oliver James sounds lovely to me.

Oliver Lee
Oliver Scott
Oliver James
Oliver Preston
That's all I got for now but Oliver Lee was the first to pop in!

Oliver James came to mind when I saw your title but I see you want us to select from your list. (I like these names together.... just flows off the tongue easily.) Although his initials would be O.J. and I am not sure if you'd want to hear people call your son O.J..... it makes me think of orange juice or O.J. Simpson.

Oliver Allen is best from your list in my opinion. And... what's wrong with calling your son Oliver Brody? Does Brody not flow with your last name? (This is actually my second favorite.)

Oliver Reed
Oliver William
Oliver Allen

I am ASSUMING your last name IS R....not from the movie....:)

Oliver Warren R.

Oliver Alexander R.

I personally don't like Oliver Liam - doesn't flow

I like Oliver Allen - nice flow
I like Oliver Maxwell...

Try CALLING the names through the house...see which one he "kicks" at and that will be his name!! :)

I think if you want to honor the grand fathers Oliver Allen sounds really good. Otherwise, I always try my kids names with the name to see how it sounds,, and I like Oliver Owen, and Oliver Mitchell. If you both like Brody, I could see Oliver Brody and calling him OB for short.

I like the way tha Oliver Allen flows. Plus it has a connection.

Other thoughts
Oliver Michael
Oliver James
Oliver Curtis

My first thought was oliver micheal. My sons middle name is hunter and I like it with oliver. I love that name too. Its different but not weird! Let us know!
oliver micheal
oliver hunter
good luck!

I like Oliver Allen the best, although the suggestion of Oliver James is nice too. I'd probably go with the one that has connections to both fathers, though. My son is named after his two grandfathers too and I LOVE it...it makes me feel all warm and gushy inside! ;)

I had Oliver on my wish list, it was vetoed and we opted for Alexander, but I had several middle names picked out to go with Oliver ( I LOVE the name!!!!)

Oliver Ryan
Oliver Aaron
Oliver James ( even though I was not a big fan of the initials OJ)
Oliver Anthony

Good luck ( I like your Oliver Allen )

Oliver Chase

Oliver Zane

i vote for oliver allen. or maybe do oliver alan to match the "L's". but i like it especially because both of your fathers have that name. why not? i don't see you say why you don't want this one. i like it! :)

If our youngest was a boy she would have been Oliver James. Little Ollie.

I like Oliver Brody. Also Oliver Marshall. Good luck and congrats!!

I like Oliver Allen too. There is a definite place to honor those who came before you and this is a perfect way to do it.

I have some suggestions for you since you are from Missouri.

Oliver Samuel
Oliver Twain
Oliver Sawyer
Oliver Finn
Oliver Hughes
Oliver Langston

Can you tell I like Mark Twain? A great writer from Missouri also known as Samuel Langhorne Clemens who wrote the greatest classics known in American Literature Mark Twain and Huckleberry Finn. There is also Langston Hughes another wonderful writer. Good luck!

A friend's son is Oliver Edward, named after her father. I like Oliver Allen since it is a family name. Brody OR Brady Oliver is nice. Depends a lot on the last name too.....how many syllables makes a totally different sound.
Oliver:
Andrew
Jonathon
Jacob
Braydon
Joshua
Jeffrey
Jackson
Michael
Cayden
Collin
Daniel
Franklin
Gabriel
Harrison
Jeremy
Clayton
Samuel
Zachary
My son's name is Parker and Oliver Parker or Parker Oliver doesn't sound too bad....
Congrats!

When I was first married, I wanted to have a son and name him Oliver Logan, but I had a girl and am still waiting to get pregnant with #2. I like Oliver Allen and Oliver Liam. What about Oliver Brody?

What is your husbands first name? Would his first name fit well into the Oliver __________ R.? We used my husbands first name for our sons middle name. Our son's name is oliver Jacob. and we love it. I like the Oliver Allen.....it flows so good together!! Good Luck !!

twist... no just kidding!

I think it would be sweet to use Allen to honor both of your fathers. I like Oliver Brody too...

-M.

PS: other names people have suggested that get my vote too:

Oliver Phoenix
Oliver Zane
Oliver James

LOVE Oliver Allen!!

My grandfather was Oliver Nolan - I love it!

Gene.

Seriously, seems like a name I'd never want for a first, but Oliver Gene has a nice ring to it.

UPDATE

sorry, didn't mean to sound that oliver wasn't a nice name; i love that! but i don't see too many genes for the first name these days. still sounds nice for a middle with such a "cool" first.

Allen. We used family names for all out middle names.

Oliver James
Oliver Andrew
Oliver William

I know they are more "traditional" middle names, but those are the first that popped in to my mind (and I could imagine yelling at a little boy)!

P.S. After CC D. wrote it, I realized that Oliver Brody sounds great...how does that work with your last name? (which I am assuming is not R.!) I also like Oliver Allen, but I am big on using familial names for my children's middle name!

I love the name Oliver! And your name list is great too! Just remember to take the initials into consideration.
How about:
Oliver Callum
Oliver Thomas
Oliver Jack
Oliver Ian
Oliver Brody-Allen

And maybe you'll find inspiration once you meet him. ;-)

I love either Oliver James or Oliver Allen - mostly the latter because it has more meaning.

Love your names you listed, here are a few more.

Oliver James
Oliver Anthony
Oliver Matthew
Oliver Carson
Oliver Mac
Oliver David
Oliver Terrence
Oliver Alexander

Hope this helps!!!

M

Oliver Allen...I think you will be happier that you choose a middle name with some meaning. For us the middle names are family names and i am so happy they will carry on a little bit of the family history in their names.

I like Oliver Liam! And
Oliver Henry
Oliver Michael

What about
Oliver Martyn
Robert Oliver * my fav
Oliver James
Not sure if those you have listed go well
But also if someone int he family has done any genealogy check your family trees for unique names!

How about Oliver Bryce

I like Oliver Allen! Oliver Liam has too many vowel and L sounds I think. Same with Maxwell and the L's, but not as bad, I actually really love Maxwell. I also like Brayden, Adam, Carson, David, Davis, Jacob, Joshua, Michael, mitchell, Nathaniel, Preston, reed/Reid, Ryan, torin, William.

Congrats!

i like oliver brody,
oliver micheal
oliver matthew
oliver oren
oliver brian
oliver ray
oliver ryan

Hello there, we had named our son Oliver and then changed his name when he was 18 months. I LOOOOVE the name, however my son is not an Oliver. What I wanted to let you know about is that I have an embroidered pottery barn stocking with Oliver on it...we can't use it now. I have been trying to find someone to offer this to, but there aren't any Oliver's around here! Would you be interested?