Old Wives Tale About Wearing a Body Shapers After Child Birth

So I have a silly question for any mom out there that's hear this Old Wives Tale and did it. Does wearing a girdle or body shaper after the birth of a child really help get your body back in line? My Mother told me to do this after the birth of my daughter but I didn't because I had a c-section and was worried about hurting the scar more but I also noticed my body didn't really go back any were near normal either. I know it takes awhile to lose the baby weight but that wasn't really my problem. I have a small torso so when I was pregnant my internal organs moved up and out as the baby grow but after her birth it seemed like they didn't go back to were they should have been. I looked pregnant a year and 1/2 later. So now I'm expecting #2 and at 5 months pregnant I look 8 months along. I was just wondering if anyone out there did the body shaper thing after delivering they're babies, did it help to get your guts back in order and how long did you have to wear it? Don't get me wrong, I'm not overly concerned about body image but I don't really like it when my belly sticks out more then my breasts do when I'm not pregnant and have that to excuse to use!

Thanks Everyone. So far it seems like there's no reason not to try it. I know losing the baby weight is hard and takes alot of work but that wasn't my main concern. I was worried about looking bloated(not just a poochy tummy but my whole abdomen(sp)stuck out)even a year after birth because it was like my internal organs didn't go back to their proper places. Makes finding nice clothes a chore!!

My mother grew up with all these wives tales and they work! I had 2 c-sections but after 2 to 3 weeks of birth my mother made me wear the body shaper undergarments. IT WORKS! Granted I still have extra skin and a small pouch due to the streching but my body is back to "normal" after having two children.

I completely think it worked, I wish I had heard about it when I had my first baby. I read about Brooke Burke wrapping her belly with ace bandages for 3 months. I only wrapped for about 3 weeks, but in addition to applying lots of oils for stretch marks I think it made a big difference in helping me bounce back. I was also exercising and eating as healthy as possible so I think it's an effort with many fronts :) but I will definitely do it with future pregnancies!

Believe it or not it does work! Consider that a shaper does not only hold you in but it modifies your posture and causes you to "suck in" your belly, thus tightening your abs. Try it, with your doctors permission, you will see a noticeable difference.

A. in respond to your question yes it really does help.I wore a girdle after i delivered my first three babies and it really help me.I just recently had my fourth baby and due to my surgery i didn't wear one this time cuz i was in to much pain but i regret it cuz i have to much belly now.So i would recomend you to wear one.

yes girl it works my mother told me to wear a gurdle hafter i had my son so when i got home from the hosp[ital i put one on i seen a diffrence the very first day i wore one for about two weeks it works i told all my friends to do the same now i have a 21 month old and did the same thing it works to slim your tummy and helps push things out IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!! you will notice the diffrence the first day L. M.

my mom told me about this but I never did it. I wish now I would have. I definately have the mommy pooch after having kids 13 months apart. I know that the actress Brooke Burke is really big into these things and even sells her own line now. I found her site online. It's www.babooshbaby.com

Yes, it generally works. We used sheets in our family.

My friends and I all do this. We wear the really uncomfortable kind at home and SPANX (these are an investment) when we go out anywhere. I don't know if they help the return of a prepregant tummy. As far as feeling more confident and looking better in regular clothes, yes, they help. :)

1 / 3