Old Milk???

My son just grabbed his sippy cup of milk from last night, which somehow was left out on the counter. The milk has now been out of the fridge for about 20-22 hours! He didn't drink much, but he did drink some. Is there anything I need to do? I'm worried that this could make him very sick!

Thank you to everyone for your reassuring words! It's now been over 12 hours with no real affects, so hopefully we escaped unscathed. And it makes me feel better that other moms have left out (or found left out) old milk and formula, and life keeps going. ^_^

It's not likely to make him sick. I've accidently drunk spoiled milk and the taste was the worst thing to happen.

Maybe just have him drink lots of water to dilute it. He'll be fine.

Good luck. D.

If you opened the cup and the milk didn't smell or look bad then its ok. Remember, before the 20th century, milk was never put in a refigerator.

Also, cheese is nothing than spoiled milk, as is cottage cheese, yogurt, and any semi solid or solid milk product.

Godd luck and don't worry.

Good luck. D.

My son has done that as well and has been fine. I just gave him water right after.

My son has done the same thing and he was fine. Hopefully your son will be fine too! It is probably a good idea to make sure he stays well hydrated, but other than that I don't think there is anything you go can do.

My twins were masters at hiding their sippie cups when they were babies, I would search the house for them with no luck, but they would find them again weeks later and try them. Yes, that nasty watery stuff around the curdled milk inside I am sure had to taste lovely (not). They never even got an upset stomach out of it. I am sure your son will be fine. Obviously, if he gets diareah or vomiting, you have an idea why, more than likely it would last a day, but if you are uncomfortable with it, that is what we pay our pediatricians for. Call and ask the nurse if you should be concerned and what to look for.

My son did the same thing not too long ago. The only issue I had with him is that he'd be hungry but everything he ate came right back up. He couldn't keep anything down for 24 hours. BUT he also drank 3/4 a sippy cup of milk. I couldn't find it the night before when we went to bed and when I got out of the shower the next morning he had it completely drank. Not a great Mother's Day... but he was fine.

I wouldn't worry. If anything, he'll probably just upset his stomach a bit and he may have some diarhea. IF that happens it should clear up within 24 hours.

He'll probably be fine. If anything, he may get a little upset tummy or diarrhea. My son drank an entire bottle of formula that had been in my diaper bag for 2 days (the babysitter gave it to him- I had forgotten it was there), and he was fine.

1 / 3