Old Fashioned Decorated Sugar Easter Eggs

Anybody know where to find these fast-disappearing wonders? They are usually made of white sugar with hard icing trip and you can see a little Easter scene when you look inside the open end of the egg.
I would also welcome clever ideas for stuffing plastic eggs to hunt.
Easter is unpon us quickly this year!

Just returned from Central Market with sugar egg in hand. I may check out the 99cent store for little treats for the preschool bunch, so thanks for that too! Wish I could let my inner Martha Stewart out so I could make these, but time refuses to allow before this Easter anyway. Thank you all for taking time to answer!

You might try Cooper Street Bakery on South Cooper in Arlington. I bought one many years ago for my mother at Neiman-Marcus. She died in 1974 but I still have the egg and it's in perfect condition! If I see any somewhere I'll get back to you.

On swhat to stuff inside plawstic eggs-I saw somewhere that they made Rice Krispy treats and stuffed plastic eggs with it. Very different idea and what a surprise.

I think I saw them at Central market. You can normally find them also at World Market.

Try Central Market in Southlake. They had some the other day.

I've seen small one out in the past at Wal-Mart and Target.

My mom and I made these together decades ago. I still have them, they last forever (except for the one the dogs shattered).

You can make them yourself. We probably got the sugar recipe instructions from Wilton. The egg moulds were just big plastic eggs that came apart/in half the long way.

The little decor on the inside my mom bought at a cake shop. I'm sure Hobby Lobby or JoAnne's would have the same stuff.

They have them at candy warehouse.

Central Market in Southlake has some, was there earlier this week. You might also try World Market, they often have things like that!

I think they have them in Pantego in the middle of Arlington at a bakery called Red Oven or The Red Oven. Hope this helps.

1 / 3