Ok I Really Feel like I Could Be Pregnant but the Tests Say NO

I have had a tubal ligation done 2 yrs ago and have had a 28 day cycle since and now I am over 2 weeks late but tests are coming up negative but I am just feeling like I might be. I get headaches more lately, hot flashes, my breasts are tender which they arent when I start my period and nausea this morning which is odd. I am soooo tired and a bit moody. I know the chances are slim that I am pregnant but should I go in and have a blood test done or just wait and assume I am not pregnant?

Thank you all for your input and concern. Well I went to the doctor yesterday and had a blood test done and it was negative. Today I got my period. I feel like hell but hopefully all the hormonal problems will be going away now. Thanks again ladies.

S.;
Talk to the dr ASAP, after tubal ligation the chances of an ectopic pregnancy go waaay up! they are VERY dangerous and life threathening!
If it is not positive, you could have an hormonal imbalance, adrenal fatigue is the one that comes to mind easier, wht with the children and house...
Good luck either way
T. (mother AND paramedic)

I would say go get the blood work done because when I was pregnant with my son I had my period for 6 months of the pregnancy. I went to see the doctor and they were telling me I couldn't be pregnant having my period. I could feel the baby moving and I told them that. They even said the test were negative. He was born in April 1982.

Hmmm, considering that you've gone through 4 pregnancies, my gut says your instincts are probably fine tuned to recognize the initial symptoms of being preggers. I would trust your instincts...

When I had a cyst on my ovary, a home test gave me a false positive. So I have firsthand experience with preg tests not working accurately. Yes, those tests are ultra sensitive now, but they still can report wrong.

Here's some links:
http://www.medic8.com/healthguide/articles/ectopicpreg.html
http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/e...

This site (http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/e...) says, in the case of a tubal pregnancy "the measurement of hCG levels is also important. An hCG level that is lower than what would be expected is one reason to suspect an ectopic pregnancy. Low levels of progesterone may also indicate that a pregnancy is abnormal." So, if the test is measuring hCG, it might not be able to register an ectopic pregnancy accurately.

Also, a couple websites that say the presence of abdominal pain on one side is an important symptom to recognize. So keep aware of anything like that.

I myself would go in for a blood test... But of course my husband also says I'm a worry wort! The risk with a ectopic pregnancy is that your fallopian tubes could rupture and you'd bleed out.

The presence of hot flashes may indicate hormonal fluctuations from your body preparing for metapause. Let's hope its just that! (aka: prepare for the worse, hope for the best.)

S.,
Not trying to scare you, but I would go see your doctor asap and have a blood test done. I had the same symptoms several years ago - was late and had lots of pregnancy symptoms, but all the tests said no. Turns out I had an ectopic pregnancy. It took weeks before the doctors were able to determine what was wrong when it all could have been discovered a lot sooner with a simple blood test. Not saying that this is what is going on here, but consulting a physician will at least give you some idea of what you are dealing with. HTH.

Good Morning S.,

I had my tubal done almost 5 yrs ago. I experience the same symptoms often. I took the home preg tests, they were negative. I went in for my annual pap just waiting for my dr to tell me that I was preg. She told me that sometimes our bodies feel like we should be preg. I have had every symptom. As a matter of fact, I have been moody, nausea, strange cravings, and tired. But still not preg. So everyone is not the same. Just to reassure yourself, I would schedule an appt with my gyn and request that deeper testing. Good Luck!!!!!

I'd call your doctor--I too am at high risk for ectopic pg on the off chance I actually become pg because of my endometriosis (both my tubes are almost destroyed). My doctor told me that if an ectopic is caught very early, they can terminate it with medication rather than surgery, so you want to catch it ASAP.

S.;
Good luck either way
T. (mother AND paramedic)

I would get it checked out ASAP! Pregnancies after tubals can result in ectopic pregnancies, and that can be dangerous.....trust your insticts, and call the doc in the morning!!

My OBs wife had a tubal and ended up pregnant, so stranger things have happened. You know your body best. Sometimes those tests just don't pick up the hormone yet...there might not be enough. Be sure and go in for a blood test...then you can rule out pregnancy one way or another and then talk to your doctor about your hormone fluctuations. Good luck, let us know what happens.

I would definitely go get a blood test done. I have heard story after story about how women still get pregnant even after tubal ligations and even after their husbands have had vasectomies. Some babies are just meant to be here, and God will get them here whether people plan for them or not!

God Bless you and yours,
SAHM of 7 beautiful blessings :)

1 / 3