OBGYN Recommendations?? First Pregnancy and New to St. Louis Area

I wasn't too concerned about finding an OBGYN when we first moved to St. Louis a little over 4 months ago, because I had just had an annual in May. But, we found out last week that I'm pregnant with our first baby! Now I need to find an OBGYN asap! I would love recommendations for a great OBGYN you've been very happy with--what makes her or him great? I would prefer a female, just because my previous GYN was a female and that's what I'm used to...but, I could go either way. Also, I'm not very familar with the local hospitals, etc. but know there are several to choose from. Does anyone have any opinions about hospitals (for or against)? I know the Dr. I choose will probably determine the hospital I deliver at, but I'm just curious. Thanks!!

I would recommend Dr. Timothy Philpott. He is amazing and has delivered 2 of my grandchildren. His partners are great, too. By the way...I worked as an RN in labor and delivery for 30 years...so I should know!

Where in Saint Louis are you? I have a great OBGyn she is out of Depaul Hospital ###-###-#### its Genesis OB Gyn. Its an all women office. Dr. Radley and 4 others. She has a great bedside manner they all do actually.

Good Luck and Congrats

ST. JOHN'S MERCY!!!!!! The best hospital in St. Louis to have a baby. There are several practices that use this hospital. They are the most well equipped to handle high risk as well as general OB. My dr. is close to retirement age so he's probably not the best choice but I know there is a woman in his practice who is relatively young so she may take new people. Her name is Kimberly Lmoine and the number is ####-###-####. There are 5 docs in the practice and 2 nure practitioners. The good thing is that when you go thru the pregnancy, you will see all of them once so if your own doesn't make it to the birth (happened to a friend of mine whose labor went too quickly) you are at least familiar with the other docs. They are ALL great. St. Johns is off HWY 270 in the creve coeur area.

I think you will probably get a lot of responses to this.

My three daughters and I all see Dr. Stacey Clancy. She is a wonderful Doctor and when my daughter was pregnant with my granddaughter she took excellent care of them both. There was a lot of pre-term labor and some other issues, but Stacey was NEVER too busy to see her. I have actually never had an OB/GYN that I like so much!

She shares her practice with 2 men (Dr. Behm and Dr. Probst) and they are all excellent Dr.s. I have seen all of them at one time or another, they cover for each other on occasion.

She is just a great Doctor, always takes her time with you and is always available!

Her office number is ###-###-#### and the office address is 10345 Watson Road, 63127.

No matter which Dr. you decide to go with you can check them out on www.healthgrades.com for free.

Good Luck in your search!

N.

Ok, I loooooovve my OB. Her name is Teresa Knight and she delivers at St. John's Mercy (where I delivered and loved it) and Missouri Baptist (also heard good things about). She just moved her office, but it's near both St. John's and Missouri Baptist I think. But she is very good at what she does and just so nice. She made me feel so great and tried to make me feel better about gaining a whopping 70 pounds when I heard some friends of mine say that their (male) doctors told them to stop eating so much. All of her staff was very nice and helpful. And now she has a new facility that is supposed to be much better. I would recommend her to anyone. I just had the greatest experience with her. She never made me feel stupid for any of the questions I asked and was good at making me feel calm even when things might have gone a little awry.

Dr Jacqueline Turner is an excellent OB/GYN doctor. Her office is located at Barnes Hospital and Missouri Baptist. She is a very good doctor. I was 41 when I had my first child. I had a beautiful pregnancy. She was up on everything with being pregnant at my age. Good luck on finding your OB doctor

I have had good look with Dr. Klabi at the HealthCare Group for Women. I am pretty sure that all of the MDs there are women. They are out of Missouri Baptist hospital at 270 and Hwy 40. Their phone number is ###-###-####. I have been with that group for about 6 years know. I found the entire experience of pregnancy through labor/delivery with them to be a good one.

Congratulations, A.! You should probably think about where you want to deliver your baby before you choose a doc and make sure that the OB delivers at that hospital.

I would fully recommend Barnes Jewish, especially if you live in or near the city. I delivered there last June and my OB/GYN is Dr. Gray-Swain, she is a partner of Dr. Turner at Barnes. She is in her early 30's and very cool. Very relaxed, yet completely professional, Dr. Gray-Swain made me feel at ease and quelled my first-time mom-to-be fears through all the tests and check-ups.

I wish you all the luck and a happy and easy pregnancy and delivery!

My OB is the chief of obstectricts at St. Luke's Hospital. His name is Dr. Carlton Pearse. He is wonderful. I have been going to him since I was 18 and I feel very comfortable with him. He treats me like a person, and he talks to my husband as well, not talks around him. He has two females in his practice. Dr. Caroline Morgan and Dr. Karen Voegtele (pronounced Veckle). I have never met either one of these women, but if they have the same philosophy as my doctor you will love them! Good luck and congratulations on your upcoming new arrival!

1 / 3