Nursing Homes Short & Long Term Care with Therapy and Dialysis

I am seeking a Nursing Home for our mother who will be 85 next month. She was living independently and had just rebound from starting dialysis in March. She fell the end of June and broke her hip, only the ball was replace, she was hospitalized at MacNeal in Berwyn, IL. Currently she is in West Lake Hopsital in Melrose Park doing her therapy & dialysis. Because Medicare only allows 21 days for rehab in a hospital we need a Nursing facility that offers both therapy (physical & occupational) as well as dialysis. We are not limited to any area but are seeking the best facility available which offers the most.

Hi N.,

Boy, my heart goes out to you and every daughter who is trying to take care of her aging parent(s). We moved my parents into Montgomery Place, a continuing care facility, in the Hyde Park neighborhood about a year ago. The facility offers acute care and skilled nursing, in addition to independent living. It's a really nice community, with plenty of interesting people and activities. I don't know if they do dialysis on site, but there are a couple of nearby dialysis facilities that are within a 5 minute drive, and MP can provide transportation. If you get a chance, check it out. We spent 2.5 years trying to convince my parents to move back to the Midwest from northern California, and now they LOVE it at Montgomery Place.

I am currently dealing with my grandmother in a rehab/nursing center. She is at Lemont Nursing and Rehab in, of course, Lemont. It is wonderful there and she loves it although she is being discharged and coming to live wiht us tomorrow! Best of luck to you, it is such a hard decision to make!

Hi N.,

we had my mother in law in an assisted living/nursing home a few years ago. The facility was named, 'Alden' I believe. This particular home was located in Evanston, but I think they may have homes throughout the chicago and surrounding suburbs area. Anyhow, they were pretty good, not perfect by any means, but better than some of our other options. Good luck as I know this must be a difficult decision and time for you!

Hi N.. I had to do the samething with my grandmother a couple of years ago. I know A LOT about nursing homes in the area. The British Home is by far the very best place that is around here. They are GREAT! Very clean, very nice - it is the way that it should be! Check it out - it is right by the zoo!

1 / 3