Numbness After C Section - 5 Years Later

Hi, I had a c section 5.5 years ago and 3 years ago and have had permanent numbness since then. I went and saw several doctors and specialists to see what had caused this numbness. I was told that it was from my pregnancies and the way my children were resting on my nerves. I am under 5 feet and my babies were good sizes, 7.7 pounds and 8.9. But today my doctor told me she thinks that some of my feelings would have come back by now if that was what happened. My stomach is numb but I also have a lot less sensation in my lower section (female area). My doctor mentioned that a nerve that shouldn't have been cut during the c section may have been, in which case, my numbness and loss of sensation will never come back. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks.

I still experience numbness, but just in the scar area. If it's causing you distress, there must be something that can be done about it...? Maybe get a referral to a nerve specialist...

I had a c-section four years ago and I just had another one five weeks ago. In between them though I never got the feeling back. This time around it was an emergency c-section and I have lost feeling from the bottom of my belly button all the way down to about an inch below the incision. I was told by the doctor that in the rush they may have just cut some of the nerves maybe some that they should not have and that is why I am experiencing the numbness.
Now my nerves are trying to reattach and heal and it is one of the most painful things I have experienced. Though they tell me that all the pain could be for nothing because it doesnt mean the feeling will come back.
So you are not alone at all.

I have not had this issue but did experience complications after delivery. I saw Dr. Sheila Dugan at Rush Medical Center. She specializes in women post delivery. She may be able to help. Good luck!

I had two c-sections (one 8 years ago and one 6 years ago). My c-section scar is totally numb - never got feeling back after either surgery. I was told it was due to the large amount of scar tissue that formed.

i havent but my friend has. it was due to the c section. the doc actually wants you to believe the way your baby was on you caused the nerve damage not the cutting through your skin? ridiculous!

I have numbness around the incision area and my left leg. I am fortunate since I had to have three C-sections. I would consult trustworthy specialist in the sense that sometimes physical therapy can help improve whatever the problem area is. There is Pelvic Floor PT. I've had this. Did wonders.

I have had 2 c-sections, and that has not happened to me.
I do not have any numbness, anymore.
My kids are now 7 and 4 years old.

I have this, it 's been 5 yrs.

1 / 3