Novasure Ablation, Need Info

I am considering talking to my DR. about Novasure. Since I had my tubes tied, my periods have been extremely heavy, to the point that I can't go anywhere at all during about the 2nd and 3rd days because its so heavy. Has anyone had the Novasure done and what were your results? Also, does anyone know how much it costs, as we have no healthcare coverage.

Thanks everyone for all the responses, I am still looking into it, I know I need to do something, and as soon as possible. You were all lots of help.

I ended up not doing it because of the cost. I can't reall how much. However, two friends did it and they LOVE it!

V.,

I had it done 3 years ago and have not regretted it ever. My periods were awful and it messed with my life style. (I have a small ranch as well) I am glad I did it just wished I had done it sooner then I did!

Novasure is the greatest procedure that God invented. LOL I have a Dr that would do the procedure at a discounted rate for all cash/credit card payings patients. The cost is around $2,000 to $2,500. Be sure to contact the hospital and anesthia people for a discounted price also. The doctors name is Dr. Ezell Autrey. He has a office in Dallas off of 75/Forest Lane and also at Centennial Medical Center in Frisco. The telephone number is ###-###-####. Good luck.

I had the novasure done last August and unfortunately it did not work on me. I do suggest to try it because everyone that it works on loves it. The recovery is not long either. I have insurance so I'm not sure the cost of the procedure. Good Luck!

I had Novasure done almost 2 yrs ago and still no periods at all, maybe once ever few months I spot for a day... no cramps either. The Dr said it would be temporary,probably 10 yrs, but I'll have it done again if needed. as for cost, I don't know at all, sorry. I also had my gallbladder out at the same time, but we have insurance. I would negotiate up front w/the DR and Hospital --- for their cheapest CASH price, we have done this in the past when we didn't have insurance. Good Luck,

I had ablation done; the one that uses hot water to scar the lining. I don't recall what the name of it was. I am not unhappy with it, but I don't think I would do it over. My periods are lighter, but they did not go away like I was hoping. One month may be lighter than other months, and some last 3 days up to 6 days. They are a bit less predictable in that way. I heard that the procedure is done while you are put under, but I requested to have it done in my doctors office...it only cost me a copay instead of having to pay a 500 deduct. I only had valium, and the procedure was painful. I think if I were to do it over I would choose the one that uses electrical current. Hope this helps.

I just went to the doctor about this last week. I have insurance and it was going to cost me $2620. Obviously sucky insurance! I have had 2 doctors tell me this is something that I need due to severe anemia since having my tubes tied 4 years ago and the insurance still won't budge.

I was in the same boat after I had my tubes tied. I always bleed heavy before but afte my tubes were tied it got so bad that I would pass out from the bleeding and couldn't leave the house for atleast 4 days of my increasingly long periods.
I had the novasure done last May.I had mine done as outpatient which cost about $5000 dollars but if you don't have any health concerns it can be done in the office for much much less.
It didn't take away my period as I had hoped but it did lessen it dramatically to a VERY light and sometimes almost non existant period. HOWEVER my symptoms are still there....meaning I still swell horribly bad and have horrible cramping and backpain. All which last about 16 days, which is how long my periods used to be. But it did slow the bleeding which was the main goal.

There's no harm in talking to your doctor, as he/she knows your health history and situation. FYI I had the ablation done and have been very happy with no side affects. I have no idea the cost w/out insurance; I had it done at my ob/gyn office, but they had a medical company come in and take care of the paperwork, the anesthesia, etc. That wasn't covered and it cost me $250. For some reason, I think I recall them telling me that it would be about $500 or so for the procedure without insurance, but I can't remember. I do remember thinking with or without insurance, it'll save me on tampons over the years!

The day I had the procedure, it was in the morning and although they gave me pain medicine before I woke up, I felt like I was run over by a truck. I felt HORRIBLE the entire day and night...so uncomfortable I could barely move and couldn't sleep even with the pain medication. I remember saying, "what the heck was I thinking!!!???" But the next morning I was good as new, no problems and that was almost a year ago.

I had no side affects, haven't had a period since, not even spotting; no cramps, no nothing. It's been great for me--I'm finished having children and my husband got 'fixed' (haha) but it's nice not having to be crunched up in a ball of pain once a month! Since my ablation, I've talked to so many other women who turned out to have had it done as well. I haven't heard any negative stories myself, you should ask around. Good luck.

I had it done a few years ago and it was wonderful. I highly recommend it once you know you are done having kids. In my early 40s my periods had just become unbelievably heavy...will spare you the gory details, but it was FABULOUS to not feel like I was bleeding to death every month and going broke buying underwear after the procedure. I also did not want to be on the pill when I was 50.The procedure took less than five minutes and a half-day in the hospital. I did not have any problem at all afterwards, just a little light spotting. And it is so wonderful not to have to spend a week every month dealing with it anymore. Good luck and keep us posted! L.

1 / 3