North Shore Early Intervention Behaviour Counselor for 3 Year Old

hello. I'm looking for recommendations for early intervention/behaviour doctors for young children on the north shore- as close to newburyport as possible. I want to find the tools to help my little boy deal with the pain and frustration of constipation, which often results in negative behaviour. I want both us as parents and my son curb any negative patterns well before they become an issue, and to help him find a productive way to channel the pain. Anyone have a referral they could share? Thank you!!

I know this is not as close as you want, but Children's Hospital has a whole pain and incontinence center for children that deals with chronic toileting issues. Might be worth going in for at least a one time evaluation.

And I second the chiropractic recommendations - helps sooo much with constipation, and everything else too!

Hi R., Of course we don't know the "whole story" behind your son's constipation issues; however, one of Dr. Ellen Blomerth's specialties is working with babies and children on constipation problems. She has had amazing results in just one or two visits. She is the only chiropractor on the North Shore who was specifically trained in the gentle technique that she uses. I highly recommend that you at least give her a call and speak with her over the phone about your son's issue. Her phone number is ###-###-####. Instead of trying to help your son deal with the pain and the ramifications; i.e. bad behavior, why not get rid of the pain??? Dr. Ellen can probably accomplish that WITHOUT giving him any pain at all in the process. Isn't it worth at least a phone consultation with her? Please give her a call - if she is with a patient, she will call you back asap. Also, please tell her that I referred you to her. Best Wishes to you and your little boy. E. Taft ###-###-#### ____@____.com

Dr. Diane Wekelo in Salisbury is amazing! I used her for both my children and what a blessing!

constipation? does he have a food intolerance? I would deal with the root cause of the issue first. Also check out The Successful Child By Dr. Sears.

1 / 3