Normal Bruising After Wisdom Teeth Removal?

Ok I know bruising is normal after a getting your wisdom teeth removed, but is it normal for it to feel this way on my sides? Its like the bruise has traveled down there cause the pain just suddenly showed up. It's kind of right under where my bra rides under my armpit. It's not a new bra so that isn't the problem. I had "minimal trauma" and it of course is kind of bruised feeling on my jaw and neck. And I'm religiously taking the antibiotics.
I do have dry socket and it's getting taken care of. Tomorrow I'm getting the medicated pad replaced so I can ask the dentist, but after my crappy experience (customer service wise) I don't want to ask him because he just might scoff at me again and make me feel like I'm just a number.
I do work at a career college where there are medical and dental professionals are surrounding me all the time so I can ask them.
But just wondering what you smart mamas could think it is.

Yeah its tenderness and I'm now just realizing it's on my chest too! Gah! :/

*went tithe appointment mentioned all of my symptoms and the checked by cleaning the holes out and taking more xrays. Then they asked me if I felt I needed my holes filled with the medicine!!! Umm shouldn't they be telling me if I need it or not? They didn't talk to me why I could have the pain!! But it now oddly gone. This morning I just felt like crap but I'm feeling better now. But I am going to the doctor tomorrow. Thank you all!!!! And I'm not going back to that horrible place!!
@Dawn Yeah I will most definatly go to an oral surgeon for my top two. That and I have to because they are still so far up in my mouth.

Is it bruising under your arm or tenderness? You have lymph nodes under your arm that could be infected as a result of the infection in your gum. I'd definitely ask about it. If the dentist brushes you off, call your regular doctor.

After your comment. If it hurts to breath, I'd call the ER advice nurse. And if you also have a fever I think I would go to the ER.

Hon, I don't know...I definitely had jawline bruising, but not lower.

What I wanted to add as you should NEVER hesitate to call any doctor if you have pain, discomfort OR a question. We all need to DEMAND better customer service from the medical field. They are service providers, just like a plumber or electrician, and you deserve to have all of your questions and concerns addressed.
Call!
Best of luck!

I never got any bruising afterwisdom teeth were pulled and the going down your side I never had any pain lower than my jaw.

as for that matter I have had all of my teeth pulled and never had any bruising with any of it. Neither did my so.

I had my wisdom teeth out from the bone and jaw surgery a year later -- bruising and tenderness that low is NOT normal.

And I agree with the PP -- we need to demand better customer service from the medical profession. They are service providers.

The first thing that comes to mind is infection.Ask him to make sure its not infected & everything looks & is healing normal.I had all mine taken out 10 yrs ago & I don't remember any bruisng from anywhere

Meg, I'm so sorry you are going through this. I remember that you had your wisdom teeth out, and it's a shame you had the dry socket. I'm sure there was nothing you did to cause it.

But the worst part is having such a poor dentist. I really do hope you'll go elsewhere - an oral surgeon would be best - to get some real help. They can help best I believe.

Thinking of you.

Sounds like swollen lymph nodes from an infection. I agree with the others--have a doctor check it out.

Hey there, I am a dental assistant & I have heard of people having their lymph nodes swell when they have an infection involving their teeth, gums etc. Dry socket is painful & can cause infection which could cause your lymph nodes to swell. I would definitly talk to your dentist! If he brushes you off, you should find another dentist who will listen. It sounds like (to me) that you need and anti-inflamatory and/or an antibotic to get rid of the infection!! I am sorry you are going through this and I hope it gets better!!
-S.-

1 / 3