Non Traditional Fun Place to Take a Birthday Child to Dinner

Non-traditional "Fun" place to take a birthday child out to dinner!

Are there any non-traditional places to take a child (4th birthday) to dinner. Not looking for the chuck-e-cheese, rainforest cafe' option.....(my son is having a birthday party during the day).....we are just looking for something fun to do in the evening......something new, something different, something off the wall -- and different for a child to experience -- who cares if the food is not 5-star its all about the experience? Any one have any off-the wall ideas that might wow a kid for his birthday!

Our daughter loves to go to nice places to eat. Del Friscos, etc.

One of her favorites is Japanese food where they cook it right there in front of you. Hibachi Rock in Allen is good. There is another place, Benehana (sp) I think at the Shops of Legacy. I think Kobe Steaks on Beltline in Addison but I have not been there in a long time. We lived close to Hibachi Rock and always go there.

At some PeiWei locations, you can watch them cook.

Other "regular" type restaurants, such as PF Changs, have Chef's tables where you sit back where the cooks are and get some special treatment.

Medieval Times is fun. We did that once. Once is all you need, LOL. Be ready to spend a few bucks though, the "holding room" is full of characters selling stuff.

Enjoy!

I would also recommend the Magic Time Machine or Medieval Times (I'm sure I misspelled that). Have fun! 4 is such a fun age. My daughter keeps us laughing with all the crazy things she comes up with!!

I agree with Magic Time Machine for kids of all ages!

You might want to try a place like Shogun, or Jin Beh. My kids really liked the food, but more importantly, watching it cooked was super fun!! Have agood time ~A.~

1 / 3