Non-Spooky Halloween Cupcake Ideas for a Preschool Party

Does anyone know of any websites that have cute, non-spooky Halloween cupcake decorating ideas? I've already tried brightideas.com, familyfun.com, wilton.com & parents.com but haven't found anything I like. I know that there must be other great websites out there. It's for a 3 yr. old preschool party and I'd loved to find something really unique and special. Thanks.

So What Happened?â„¢

Thanks for all the replies ... you guys are great. Trinity, I like your grass & pumpkin idea. So I think I'll go with that. Baby P, thanks for the cake decorating link ... loved it. Thanks again!

I know you said "cupcake" ideas but I wanted to share this with you. You can take a cake doughnut and slice it in two. With the roundness you can frost jack 'o latern faces on them. I used to teach and we couldn't do anything scarey. This went over well with the kids and they loved decorating their own jack 'o laterns.

I'm decorating 60 cupcakes next week for my daughter's B'day party and this is what I'm doing... icing them in black or orange frosting, sprinkles, and I bought the Halloween ghost & pumpkin Peeps and sticking a toothpick in the bottom of it and inserting in the cupcakes. Voila!! :) I also saw something really neat at the Michael's in Keller. The lady took green frosting and made it look like 'grass' <she used a special icing tip) then she bought the Autumn mix of candy corn, the ones with the candy pumpkins, and placed them in the grass. VERY cute!!

Try kraftfoods.com. I seem to remember them having a bunch of cute Halloween ideas. Also try verybestbaking.com, which is a Nestle site.

It isn't really Halloween, but my kids always ask for dirt cup cakes- I just mix choloclate icing w/ crushed Oreos- frost the cupcakes, add some gummy worms and sprinkle w/ a few more crushed oreos.
Orange iced cupkaes w/ happy faces look festive too.
Have fun!

This is coming from simple minded me:
1. candy corns with orange icing
2. pumpkin candy corns with orange icing...
R.

Better Homes and Gardens website
Owl: Cut wings from a piece of grape or apple fruit roll. Push the wings into the cupcake; frost it with chocolate icing. Cut ears from chocolate whip licorice. Use candy circles for eyes and a candy letter ?V? for the smile.

Bat: Follow the directions for the owl, except use jelly beans cut in half for the smile and nose, and slivers of a marshmallow for fangs.

www.verybestbaking.com
Cobweb Cupcakes

Estimated Times:
Preparation - 20 min | Cooking - 20 min | Cooling Time - 30 min cooling | Yields - 24

Ingredients:

1 pkg. (18.25 oz.) devil's food or yellow cake mix
2 (2.1 oz. each) NESTLÉ BUTTERFINGER Candy Bar, chopped
1 container (16 oz.) prepared vanilla frosting
1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 small tube white decorator icing or gel
2 pkgs. (1.7 oz. each) NESTLÉ BUTTERFINGER BB'S Candies

Directions:
PREPARE cake mix batter according to package directions; add chopped Butterfinger to batter. Bake according to directions for 24 cupcakes. Cool completely. Frost cupcakes.

PLACE morsels in small, heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; knead. Microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut small corner from bag; squeeze to pipe concentric circles on top of frosting. Using wooden pick or tip of knife, pull tip through chocolate from center to last circle to create a cobweb effect.

MAKE 2 dots using decorator icing on each of 24 Butterfinger BB's to resemble spider eyes. Place in center of each cobweb.

VARIATION: Substitute vanilla frosting with chocolate frosting. Substitute melted chocolate morsels with 2 small tubes white decorator icing or gel.

Did you try Kraft.com or better homes and gardens website or ivillage has alot of ideas also babysource.com has alot.

NickJr.com always has some great cupcake ideas.
Hope you can find something sweet!
: )

God Bless,
J. B.

1 / 3