No Teeth at 8 Months

Hello,

My 8 month old daughter has no teeth. Wondering if this is normal. My husband and I are worried that she doesn't even have any - at all! That would kinda be bad. Never heard of baby dentures. Anyone else in my same situation with their little one. Starting to get a little worried. She tried to eat a cracker the other day and I just kept thinking that teeth sure would help right now.

Thanks in advance!

Below this paragraph is what I previously wrote. I just wanted to say again: Thanks again for the overwhelming comments. Very much appreciated. I think with over 40 that's more than enough with great information ;) Thank you so very much!

Hi All! Thank you so much for your responses. I feel so much better! I was really worried that my daughter would have no teeth. I would actually lay up in bed at night thinking she'd be the first documented child to never get teeth. She'd be 8 with no teeth and worried about dentures falling out on the playground. BUT I feel tons better,and so does hubby. I love this site! Thanks so much ladies!

No teeth at 8 months old is very normal. In fact they say the later they get teeth the better. Ive heard they will have better teeth as they get older and less problems. I have a friend whos daughter didnt get her first tooth till after she was a year old. They will come in, dont worry.

My daughter didn't get her first tooth until she was ten months old. But when they started to come, she got them two at a time! Now she's almost 23 months old and has 14 (I think.. not too easy to get in the back and count them). They'll come! Promise!

My son didn't get his 1st tooth until he was over a year old. All kids get teeth at different ages so it shouldn't be something to worry about! Babies are also great at eating things we wouldn't expect them to be able to eat w/out teeth. My son ate a piece of Dominoe's pizza w/out teeth!

i wouldnt worry about it. my son got his at 7 months, and it did seem wierd, but the longer they are in, the stronger teeth they have! so, take it as a little blessing, and dont worry about pushing solids, just do what you can. those little net feeder things are very helpful - you put chunks of food in and baby can squish bits out the netting. :D i dont know what they are called, but you can find them almost everywhere.

so, no worries! :D they will come in at their own time! :D

Both of my kids got their first tooth at 11 months old. I took my oldest to the dentist at 6 months and he said that was fine that he didn't have any teeth yet. It was definitely hard to feed them solids or crackers of any type. I was able to give them the Gerber puffs because they instantly dissolved in their mouths, so I didn't have to worry about them. After they got their first tooth, the rest of them came very fast. My 3 year old now has all of his teeth and my 20 month old only has 4 more to go. Good Luck!

My niece got her first at 1 year. Definitely normal. I just wanted to add that until they get molars, the teeth aren't all that helpful for chewing - gumming works fine for most foods!

Oh Honey, None of my kids get any teeth until they are nearly 12 months. Be patient! They will come. They say that the longer they take to get in the better the teeth.

That is absolutely fine....you never know when a baby will sprout their teeth. Our daughter is 10 months and was the same way as your daughter....no teeth until about 2 weeks ago, now she's working on #2. Our boys were earlier, though. Don't worry....she'll get teeth eventually. :)

I too was a little worried about my daughter's teeth coming in. She did not get any until she was 9 months old. I know of some babies not getting teeth up to 1 yr. The teeth will come in. If you are concerned, bring it up at the next appt.

I am a SAHM to 3; son-6 yrs, son-3 1/2 yrs and daughter-1 1/2 yrs. I also watch my 6 y/o cousin for 4 hours a day. Married 10 yrs to a wonderful man.

Don't stress over the teeth. My kids didn't get their first tooth until they were 11 months old. They just tend to "gum" all of their food for awhile. Feel free to ask the pediatrician at the 9 month check, but I think all the way until 15 months to get the first tooth is still normal. Every child is different.

1 / 3