"No Soliciting" Signs?

OK, so I hate to sound antisocial, but I am so sick of all the salespeople coming to my house all day long. It's such a hassle to open the door to them when I have a toddler, another on the way, and two barking dogs! I have seen some homes with pretty little "No Soliciting" signs on their doors. Does anyone have one of those and does it actually work? And if so, where can I get one? I checked Home Depot and they only had one big ugly plastic one and Lowes didn't have any. Thanks!

Try this link on ebay:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_tr...=

I don't know if the "No Soliciting" signs work or not, but I work from home and have "solicitors" knock occasionally. The rule at my house is if we aren't expecting someone or don't know who it is, we don't answer. These "strangers" have seen that someone is home thru the window or maybe saw me get out of my car and come into the house, but there's no law that says I must answer my door, so I don't. That may seem rude, but I don't think it's any more rude than me answering and saying "not interested". Besides that, with the stories of home invasions and people posing as solicitors or repair people to get you to open your door, I personally think it's a good policy NOT to open the door to anyone you don't know. It's also a great way to train your kids to never answer the door when they see that you don't do it unless you know who it is. :-)

I got a Frisco Neighborhood Watch Sign in my front yard that stand about 2ft high and it's next to my front porch in the flowerbed. It's the same texture as a license plate. Every since I put it up I've only had two handbills on my door and I used to have tons! It says no solicitors, handbills, etc. etc.
Also, I NEVER open my door to anyone I don't know. So people think it's rude-who cares! It's better than putting your family and yourself in jeopardy and yes, that kind of stuff happens every minute of every day-even in the best of neighborhoods!
Blessings,
E.

Yes, ours works great and it's small, but at eye level next to the door. My husband thinks maybe Home Depot is the place to get them.

Yes, I hate that, too! I posted my own signs, but all my friend & family said I was being rude.

BTW, I bring my dog to get her groomed at your business. Small world...

This website carries some pretty nice no solicitation signs:

https://www.mydoorspam.com/cart/store/comersus_index.asp

I made my own- laminated it and fixed it over the doorbell.

I got this from Lillian Vernon:

http://www.lillianvernon.com/catalog/product_display.jsp?...

Instead of putting our name or street address on it, I had them put "No Soliciting". We have it hung right above our doorbell. It looks nice and it works! Most of the time anyway... sometimes kids don't know what that means, but I don't mind supporting neighborhood kids' schools/activities.

1 / 3