No Period with Mirena?

I had the Mirena inserted at the beginning of May. I spotted on and off for about 3 months and sometimes it was hard to figure out if it was spotting or my period. I feel like by September I was having a regular cycle of about 26-28 days and it was this way until the end of December. I am now 4 days later than I have ever been...which I know isn't that late. One friend I know who has the Mirena does not get a period ever and I know this is a possibility. I was wondering what your own experiences with the Mirena has been and if you stopped getting your period altogether? Thanks!!

I had mine inserted 18months ago. I don't ever have a full period (4-5 days) like I use to. I just have spotting every once in a while but not every month. But panyliners are enough for that. I like it

My experience with Mirena was that I had normal cycle lengths at first (for me 35-45 days). As time went on, my cycle lengths slowly got farther and farther apart. Just before I had it removed, my cycles were 12 weeks long!

So if you are worried about being pregnant, ease your mind and take a pregnancy test and be done with it. But it was normal for my periods to get longer and longer apart (even though they never completely disappeared).

*C.

I have been on the Mirena since August of 07, and I can't remember when I had my last period, which I think is great. I hope this is helpful.

I got the Mirena in April and I hardly have a period anymore. Probably to the point that I could go with only mini pads. Too active though, I still wear a tampon just in case. ;)

yeah its wierd, but its really nice.
i dont think ive had a period in about 6 months. however, yesterday i had some spotting and cramps. nothing bad.
so i would just relax. one less thing to worry about.

if you have any nagging feelings something is wrong, theres nothing wrong with going in to your doctor and have him check it out. :P
but its probably normal. :D

I also have the Mirena. I've had it for about a year now. I've had about the same experience. I spotted a lot in the first few months and then I had a few months of regular periods. Then, after a while, my periods got further and further apart. Now I just spot sporadically (every 2-3 months or so). With Mirena, I don't think there is just one answer. It just all depends.

Hi. I had the mirena put in about 3 years ago, and I spotted on and off for about 6 months, once that finally stopped I haven't had a period now for almost 2 years. The doctor has said that not everyone will quit getting their periods, but a small percentage of people do stop altogether.
Hope this helps some.

I've had Mirena for 4 years. I had to get one to help control overly heavy flows and it has done just that thankfully! I spotted for the first 6 months, and now I skip around quite a bit. There are times when I'll go without one for 6 -9 months then I'll have a rather long one (2 weeks), then a couple months of spotting (during normal cycle time), then won't have one for awhile again.

I have the symptoms of my monthly every month, even on months when I don't flow though on those months the symptoms are barely noticable. On the months when I do flow, the symptoms are harsher (more crampy/moody) but not unbearable, they just last the entire length of my flow, the cramps, not the moodiness lol I believe my inconsistency is due to the heavy flows I normally have but I'll take it anyday over what I had to deal with and that was having to carry several extra clothes with me at all times.

1 / 3