No Chimney for Santa!

Hello! I am wondering how other families explain how Santa gets in to leave presents when you have no chimney? My son and I moved at the beginning of last summer from a house with a chimney so I've never had this problem before. I know it is only a matter of time before he thinks of it and asks me. How do you explain Santa's entry into Chimney-less homes? Any ideas would be welcome. Thanks!

Thank you all for such great advice! Yesturday my son and I braved the weather after I picked him up from daycare and went to the HallMark Store. They had a couple different options and he just loved picking out which key he wanted Santa to use. It took him 5 minutes to decide! When we got home he wanted to put it on the tree right away. Thank you so much for the idea!

Hi. Didn't you know that Santa has a special key to get into everyones homes? It works in my house!!!LOL!!!I think my mom used that one on me too. Happy Holidays!!!-M.

We tell my son that we have to wait up late and let santa in the house. That way if he does wake up and we are still up we are covered.

I grew up in a house with no chimney. My mom told us that Santa had a magical golden key that would let him into our houses.

Merry Christmas and I hope this works. It worked for my brother and me.

Hi J. - I have never had a "chimney" for Santa to fit down to deliver presents...one year I was at a Longaberger party and purchased a pewter Santa key...now every year I hang this on the front door and my children know that Santa can use this key to unlock the door.

So, I would say one suggestion would be to have a "special key" that only Santa can use to get into your home.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Hello J.,

I solved this problem! Go to the dollar store and get the paper that looks like bricks and make your own chimney with 2 boxes! (one long one and one square one with a hole cut in the side for the opening) Glue or tape black construction paper on the inside. You got it, your very own chimney that you can store in the attic or in a closet. Now, this is the "magic" chimney, so it is special. I made up little reindeer food in a baggie (oatmeal) that you feed the reindeer with outside the night before and then very early I would get up and put powdered sugar on the bottom of some boots, and make prints around the chimney. Once they start getting older, you might have to switch to dirt because they will know that there is no snow outside, then you just have to throw a big fit, and get the vacuum out because Santa made a mess when he dropped off the present! (diversion!)
We did not have a lot of money, and I did not want Santa to have all the credit for gifts, so I would always put out only 1 special gift that was from Santa. And he would leave it right in front of the chimney that we had made for him. (as they get older, you might have to borrow a piece of paper from a friend so it doesn't match the rest of the presents)There were to many other little boys and girls that needed it more, so this made it extra special.
Oh, and if you didn't believe in Santa, it wouldn't work! You have to believe in magic!
Hope it helped! It is great fun!

Watch "The Santa Clause" it tells them all about it :-)

I told My daughters that santa comes through the front door and that he has a special key that only works during christmas that he uses to get into all the little boys and girls houses that don't have a fireplace.

"The Key" is a great solution. That is what we have done for my son. As soon as he was born I got one. They have them at Hallmark Stores and the catalog/website Terry's Village. They are not expensive and they are large, metal...like the old 'skeleton' keys and usually have Santa on the handle end. We have ours on a red ribbon and it lives on the christmas tree until christmas eve when he hangs it outside on the front door knob. After Santa "uses" it we hang it back on the tree where he finds it christmas morning. It has become family tradition!

Well we tell our children Santa knocks on the door and Mommy and Daddy let him in.

1 / 3