No Bathtub in My House-How Should I Bath My 2 Year Old?

Unfortunately my house has only showers and no bathtubs. We have a huge kitchen sink and put a bathtub in there from the day my daughter was born until now. That worked perfectly. She is approaching her 2nd birthday and is too big for the kitchen sink tub. Are there any portable tubs that I can put in the shower? She LOVES taking a regular bath (when we're visiting my parents house). Any ideas?? Help please:)

Thank you!

Thank you all for your wonderful advice! I will definitely try to get her used to go into the shower with me. I also found some toddler tubs that I could use as well! I truly appreciate all for your help!

I'd try using a big tub with handles, like the kind they sell for ice/drinks at picnics, etc.? (Walmart, Target, etc.) Sorry I can't describe it better.. LOL

They are small enough to fit in a shower, but deep enough to put water in and bath a 2 year old... and it might seem really fun to her!

My aunt lived in a VERY small home that only had a shower. She got one of those big circular laundry tubs that you can carry. It fit in the shower, and she'd put enough water in it for her son to take a bath. It was low enough for her to sit next to and give him a bath. You could probably find something that would work at Target or Home Depot.

Both my kids loved showers before the age of 2. For safety sake and convenience we showered with them for quite a while. The bathtub is novel, which is why she loves it so much at your parents house. We don't have stairs, you should see my kids when we are a house with stairs, lol.

I think the portable tube would probably be your best bet. Or does she like to take showers with you? When my daughter was 2 she had to take a shower with me every day or she would freak out. lol So you could just let her shower with you.

Make shower time fun. My son has spent most of his clean up time using the shower, even though we have a tub. He loves tub time, gets it at his dad's house...but here it is the shower...he still managed to have fun with it ;)

I purchased a little blow up tub from Burlington when I felt my little ones were too small for the tub. It looks like a little inflatable kiddie pool but it was small enough to fit inside the bathtub. It is probably small enough to fit in a stand up shower as well.
Hope this helps!

You could get a little kiddie pool. I know they have the hard plastic ones that are about two feet wide. Would be a great size.

didn't read the other answers so hope i am not copying an answer lol. But I would suggest you get a plastic bin that you could put water in. it would fit in your shower but will hold the water for the bath. You can get one that is about as deep as a shower. we got them for the kids to step in and out of outside next to the pool. good luck

1 / 3