Nexium in the First Trimester

Hey Mamas! Can I take Nexium? if not,what can I take...heartburn with #2 is killing me!!

Papaya Enzyme.

Mine was so bad with #2 that CRACKERS gave me indigestion. Luckily, the midwife I had with the first baby introduced me to papaya enzyme. Amazing. We have yet to find heartburn this stuff can't get rid of.

We initially purchased it at a health foods store but later found it at Walmart and at CVS with equally good results.

Good luck!!!

My Dr. said regular Pepsid AC, but I had to supplement with TUMS because I have a Hiatal hernia and my hearburn gets really bad. The other thing that help a lot is: no coffee, no chocolate :-(, no tomato sauce, nothing with mint, spicy foods and greasy foods.
Good luck to you!

Call your doctor! I take Aciphex, the only other antacid that I know is ok is protonex. She'll prescribe something for you! I'm not sure if nexium is ok. I do know that prilosec is not.

A. V.

Take two tablespoons of vinegar.

My doctor has told me to take Maalox, Mylanta, Gaviscon, or tums. Can also chew doublemint gum. Hope this helps out. I would also check with your OB to see what they say.

I used to take Nexium and stopped altogether when I was pg with baby #2 because I was told that it was unknown if it was harmful or not - that was back in 2006. I then switched from Nexium to Aciphex after the baby because the Nexium quit working for me. After the fact my gastroenterologist told me that Nexium was ok to take, pg and breastfeeding! I took Aciphex every day throughout my last pregnancy, once a day. After my son was born I had to increas the dosage to 2 x day, which has made all the difference! I have continued with this dosage and have exclusively breastfed my baby. I've tried all the "natural" cures - the vinegar, licorice root, and papaya tablets, and the only thing that works for me is the prescription meds.

I don't know about Nexium, but I can tell you what worked for me. Another mom told me to try chewable papaya tablets after every meal. No medicine, just 100% papaya, so you don't have to worry about chemicals or side-effects.

It won't completely stop your heartburn, but it really helped me a lot. The enzymes found in papaya, help to neutralize stomach acid. It helps to create a healthy gut before heartburn flares up. And the tablets are kind of yummy too.

You can find papaya tablets at any health food store, such as Whole Foods or Mustard Seed Market.

http://keystosimpleliving.com/

1 / 3