Newborn Soaking Clothes When Pees

Hi. I have a 1 1/2 week old newborn son that has been circumcized. My problem is that when he pees, he constantly soaks his clothes along with anything else that he is on. Is there a way to contain the pee in the diaper? We currently are using newborn size huggies with the umbilical cord cut out. He was 9lbs at birth and 22 inches long, so I just don't know if the diapers are too small, if the gauze is getting in the way of containing the pee or what. I had a girl before, so I didn't have to deal with this. Any of you moms ever dealt with this and what did you do? Thanks for any help you can give.

We tried the size one diapers last night and it worked! I also started pointing his penis downward and that helped! I didn't want to start doing that until he healed up from his circ. Thank you all for helping with this. I really did not have a clue as to what to do. From now on though, we'll be using a size bigger diaper from what the chart says. Thanks again!!

Wow! He's a big boy! You could probly benefit from the larger ones, but the main prob is the direction his doodad is facing when he goes. I've heard the trick is to tuck it down when changing him. :]

Gotta poke it down.. literally push the tip down or he'll continue to pee on everything.. it pops up when he pees!

I had a son that weighed 9lb and 15 oz when he was born . We did't use newborn anything He wore size1 diapers when he was born and 6 month clothing. I can very well sympathize with what you are going through.

Our baby boy was nearly 9 pounds also and I had the best results with Pampers for Boys. Nothing else seemed to work as well and would have leaks. Congratulations!

I know this may sound silly, but you have to make sure you point "it" down.

J. if all else fails you may want to consider absorband pads they are about 24 x 36 and are easy to use.

Good Luck and God Bless

I'm not sure if you are trying this yet or not but I had the same problem with my first son. It wasn't until he was a month and a half that I asked my cousin because she was the only one around me with a little boy. Make sure you are pointing it down! Right before you close up the diaper just point it towards his feet and then close up the diaper. Should help right away!

Hi J.. I had this same problem when my son was born. Because I had two girls and had no idea when it came to boys, I had to call a cousin to help me out with this. I first thought maybe it was the diapers. Apparently, I had his little (bing-bing) pointed in the wrong direction. If it lays pointing upward, his clothes will get wet everytime he goes. She told me to point it downward. I know it looks uncomfortable but it isn't and you'll find that your son's clothes will remain dry. Good luck and God bless.

Whenever my daughter started wetting through her diapers, I had to switch to the next size up. She would pee a lot each time, and it would be too much for the smaller diaper to contain.

Switch to size ones for sure. That will definitely help. Those diapers are too small very quickly even if he is still at the correct weight. The circumcision is not the problem. Good luck

I'll just repeat the advice I see you already got. Make sure he is pointing down when you put on the diaper. Someone mentioned this to me before I had a boy, and I didn't have a problem. I don't think the circumcision and gauze have anything to do with it. I didn't have trouble with that and both my boys are circumsized. I would also suggest trying the larger size diapers. The larger the diaper, the more they hold, so as long as they are not so large they are too loose, they will work better.
Good luck. :) Just wait until the day he pees on you or on his own head when his diaper is off. (speaking from experience here). LOL

1 / 3