Newborn and Diarrhea

My 6 week old has constant diarrhea, pure brownish water. I am breastfeeding and know breastfed babies poop is usually really runny (this is my second breastfed child), but this is not the usual seedy goop. Any suggestions?

Even though we all think breastfeeding is best. Some babies cant handle breast milk. Talk to a doctor right away. My nephew was alergic to breast milk. The doctor couldnt beleive it but it was crabby all the time from it. So try a soy formula maybe.

I would call the doc. And make sure you know what you have been eating, that may be causing it.

Call your doctor! Dehydration is a serious thing for a baby and it can happen so quickly. You can never be faulted for being too cautious! I hope your babe is better soon!

I would call the doctor

Take your little one to the doctor right away. A tiny baby can get dehydrated very easily and she may need to have fluid replacement as well as some tests done to make sure she does not have a virus or bacterial infection.

Usually breastfed babies have yellow poop. So if it is very runny and a different color, I would take him to the doctor just to make sure everuthing is ok. I know that my friend's infant had this same problem and she had to put him on soy milk formula because he was having digestion problems.

I had an amazing Doctors office. If I ever questioned anything I would call and ask the nurse if I should worry. She would talk to the doc and tell me how to deal with it. Give it a try you never know with little ones.

As long as you are getting wet diapers consistantly, dehydration shouldn't be an issue. Definately evaluate what you are eating. Because it happens often, it is probably the thing you eat/drink the most.

1 / 3