New Washer Dryer

Hi moms. i am in need af a new waher/dryer set. Because of the way my laundry room is designed it has to be a stackable set. Currently I have a stacked set(washer drier pemantly attached), the dryer is what is currently needs replacing but because of the type of set you have to replace is all. So I want just the stackable(washer dryer seperate and can be rearranged if we move.) I was wondering if anyone can share their experience with these types of sets , whats good bad what to avoid and so on.

I did check with consumer reports but a few of the brands I was looking at were not tested by them. So I thought I'd tryhere and see if any one useing them could give me any aditional advice.

We had the exact same kind of washer/dryer and the same problem. Sometimes it is just a filiment that goes out in the dryer which can be replaced, but the one we had was handed down to us and at least 20 yrs. old, so it was time to look at new. I don't know what kind of price-range you're looking at, but we bought front loader washer and dryer. I LOVE them. Ours had a kit, so they could be stackable (which we used in our previous home), or side by side (which we have room for/use now). The only thing is if they are used as stackable you cannot use the pedestal they sell to go underneath. (too heavy for it). We bought ours at Lowes and got our washer on clearence b/c it had a scratch or something and a loose screw which they had replaced.

The Sears Kenmore HE series has always had great reviews. They are a wonderful quality washer and dryer that is actually manufactured by Whirpool for Sears Kenmore. If you plan to stack them, be careful not to buy the older HE 3t version. My brother in law owns it, and says it vibrates quite a bit and that Sears has now resolved the problem with its newest set. It'll cost you a pretty penny though, nearly 3K, but you can deal 'em down too. Good luck.

You could check out the Consumer Reports magazines at your library. They always review and rate washing machines and dryers.

I do not have the stacking ones, so I can't give you a recommendation. Good luck!

I'm not sure how much space you have for the stacked washer/dryer. We bought seperate pieces that stacked together quite nicely in a fairly small closet a few years ago. (Our laundry room was part of a small bathroom.) They were a Frigidair brand and worked quite well for us. (Electric by the way.) They were not by any means large capacity, but held a good amount of clothing for how small they were. (We moved and left the washer/dryer set there.) We bought the set at Lowes. You may want to look at consumer reports for the most recent reviews on washers and dryers. GE and Whirlpool seem to be the brands that balance quality and price, according to consumer reports.

we have our full size washer and dryer stacked.. do you have the width and height to do that??
we have a new fridgidare set. both front loading.. love them. They hold a ton! The only thing.. you have to remember to dry the door and rubber seal as some folks report moldy smells.. but we always dry the door and seal and have never had that experience. :)

Not sure where you live, but look for a Sears outlet. They have great prices on items that someone else ordered, then returned. We got a $1200 washer for only $500 because it had a dent in the side. Luckily for us it is the side that faces the dryer, so no one will ever see it.

1 / 3