New Teeth Aren't Growing in Straight!

Hi, has anyone had baby teeth that fell out & were replaced by crooked new teeth??
It looks funny when she smiles now and they baby teeth had been perfectly straight.
Is there anything I can do now?

It is pretty normal the only thing is braces!!

I would take her to the dentist they will be able to tell you. My daughter has the same thing going on but they told me that when her others fall out and start growing in they will push those stright. It all depends on her mouth size so her dentist would be the best to answer that.
HTH
www.katiesparties.com

permanent teeth are bigger than baby teeth, so a lot of times, there isn't enough room until they are done growing and all the permanent teeth are in. Unless there is a big discrpency in jaw size, an orthodontic consultation won't be done until 11 or 12 years of age. don't worry too much, sounds pretty common.

My 6-year old's teeth did the same thing. The permanent teeth were so much bigger that they actually pushed out the teeth next to them. (She's lost four on the bottom already and two permanent teeth have come in to almost fill the entire space.) Of course, in the process, the permanent teeth did start coming in crooked. Now that the teeth next to them are gone, they are starting to straighten a little, but we have been warned by the dentist that she will need braces. There is hope, though. My teeth were straightened with retainers only - no braces. I would keep checking the teeth next to them and pull them out as soon as they are ready. It gives more space to the new teeth.

how old is your child, have they seen a dentist, sometimes ortho consults are done as early as 7 or 8, i would check with your dentist

I had crooked teeth till I got braces. I don't really think there is anything you can do to make sure her teeth grow in straight. They may straighten out when her other adult teeth come in. I think baby teeth are a different size than adult teeth. If her teeth do grow in crooked, don't be too worried. Many kids have crooked teeth. You can always talk to her dentist.

1 / 3