New Essure Birth Control vs.Tubal?

I was wondering if anyone had any advice good or bad on getting a tubal or if I should try this new permenant birth control Essure.

I had my tubal done almost 5 years ago and for me it was the best thing. At that time I was a single mom with two girls and had starting dating again. I could not take the chance of having another child to raise on my own. I have had the best freedom of my life, I do not have worry anymore.

It took me 3 days to recover but 4 yrs of freedom. Then you have less side effects to worry about, maybe a little weight gain but I never had that either.

Michele

I had the Essure done in June-loved it, I recommmend it to anyone and everyone! I took off work the next day just in case-didn't need to. I went shopping, I cleaned the house I was able to take care of my children. I wonder why more women don't do it, than having surgery. If you have any questions let me know I will be glad to help. ____@____.com

I have not had a tubal, and I don't think we're done. That being said... when we ARE done I will either get a tubal or my husband will get a vasectomy. I do not know anything about Essure...but honestly, having hormones in your body long term really can mess you up. Even though the tubal is invasive, it doesn't involve you being on any kind of hormone therapy for the rest of your life.

If you are not planning to have any more children, go ahead with the tubal. Don't put all of those hormones into your body for years to come- you could be raising your risk of breast cancer. My tubal went just great and is a blessing. Artificial birth control hormones are excreted from your body and now are found in everyone's drinking water, because they do not break down. You will not feel very sexy, either, if your body thinks that you are constantly pregnant.

If you are married and monogamous then a vasectomy is definitely the way to go.

I read all about Essure when I was pregnant for my third son. It just seems too new to me. I opted for an IUD to give me a few years to consider if I was sure I was done having children and to decide what form of birth control I wanted. I have decided to have a tubal ligation myself. Essure sounds great, but I don't think there's been enough time to see the long term possibilities with it. Also, another thing I've been considering; I have some hip pain associated with my IUD. It is pretty painful at times. I worry that the Essure spring could also result in odd unsuspected pains as well. Good luck!!

Michele

well I looked into both as well, and Essure is not hormones it simply is a spring like device that is placed in your tubes and tissue grows into it and closes your tubes off, its done in the doctors office and very much like a male vasectomy. A tubal is much more invasive, more expensive and more recovery time.
Having said that the only negative thing about the essure is that its a foregin object in your body so if for some reason your body rejects the material and attacks it then the only recourse is major surgery to remove it.
I had mirena put in once we were done and I had a horrible problem with mine, my body was very irritated by it and I bled the whole time i had it so I decided the essure wasnt for me either cause there was no guarantee my body wouldnt react the same to the device much like the mirena.
so in the end my hubby got the vasectomy, we felt it was the best option with the easiest recovery

I had the Essure done last November and have been very happy. I had it done on a Friday morning and felt back to normal by Saturday afternoon. If I had to have had a C-Section they would have done the tubal.

1 / 3