New Dishwasher Leaving Spots

We have recently moved into a new home and had a brand new dishwasher installed, but every time we run it on whatever setting it leaves spots on our dishes and glasses. I have added Jet Dry but it's not doing it's job either. Any suggestions??

Thanks so much for the input. I will definitely try all suggestions! I could possibly be using too much detergent, cuz I always filler up plus a little.

I read some where that sometime it helps to run the dishwasher empty with the soap and let it clean the washer out. Maybe thi with help.

Me too. Lemi-shine helped a lot, but I am liking Melaluca dishwasher soap even better. Is "green" and nontoxic as well. (as are all their products).

I have the same problem. Jet Dry doesn't work for me either. I use Lemi-Shine, which you can buy at Wal-Mart, it works wonderfully. It is a little expensive, so I just use a small amount with each wash. I no longer have those awful spots. Good Luck!

B., I hsvent tried this yet but my friend swears but it! 1/8 cup baking soda & 1/8 cup washing soda in laundry isle, she says it work great she even uses this formula in the laundry instead of laundry soap. I'm gonna try it as soon as i run out of my soap now. ps its all natural! & cheap!!!!!

Hi B.,
When we moved last year I found myself in the same situation. What I did is run a complete cycle with a cup of white vinegar and then ran two complete cycles with nothing. Then I switched to the dishwashing liquid/Jet Dry combo that comes in the small pouches. It worked and I've not seen any more spots. Good luck.
W. Q

Try Cascade with Dawn. It comes in a bag with pre-measured packets. It works much better that any detergent I've used.

Maybe you need a water softener. We have the same problem in our new house & we are getting a water softener. Try to find one that doesn't use salt. It's better for your family & the environment. We have the first one, but had to order the booster. We are on well water & it's the highest level. We will install the booster soon. Our plumber suggested the 2nd one & said he's had great luck with it.

http://www.no-salt.com/
or
http://www.scaleblaster.com/res_applications.html

My suggestion would be to have the hardness of your water tested. Ours was so hard we had to put a soft water system in. It pays for itself in less soap in anything we use, dishwasher, shower, and laundry. That was the only problem we had with spotty dishes. It was the hard water.

Are you using a drying aid, such as Jet Dry? Most new dishwasers require that or you will always get spots. I learned that after replacing a 15 year old dishwasher 3 years ago.

Sounds like you might need a water softener. Or if you have one, make sure it's got enough salt and is working properly!

1 / 3