New Dad Gift Idea Needed

Im 36 Wks pregnant with my first child (a boy!)! I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on a "new dad" gift to give to my fiance (the baby's father). I wanted something small that i could stick in my hospital bag and give to him right after the birth. Does anyone have any cool ideas besides the typical "dad" t-shirt or "dad" themed books? Thanks in advance!

Thank you to everyone for all of the great ideas! Not only have I decided on a great "new dad" gift ( the willow tree new dad figure) but I also received so many other great ideas that I can use for my fiance's first father's day and also for his birthday! Thanks again for all of the great ideas!

If he's into sports give him a new football or a baseball glove with a child size glove and say looks like you'll be needing this!

When my daughter was born, I bought my husband an inexpensive pocket watch and took it to an engraver. On the back I had her name, birth date and weight and length engraved and on the front I had "Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a Daddy". It's a little hard to read, because the lettering is small and might work better on a plaque, but he loves it and carries it with him always.

How about a digital picture keychain? Get some good pics of dad & son when he's born and get them put on for him to show off.

Find him a really cute book about "Daddy & Me" that he can look forward to reading to his little boy. Or a kids book that's about Dad's favorite hobby/pasttime. Or even a cute picture frame that says something about Daddy's little boy that he can take to work.

I know this is still a "tshirt" but I got my husband one that said "coach" on it and gave it to him in the hospital. The O in coach was a picture of a little baby. he loved it. I found it on the internet.

How about a nice cigar to celebrate the birth? Or some champagne to toast it? It certainly is nice of you to be thinking about him at this time.

Good luck with your birth and congrats!

It is hard to buy for guys in this situation. My husband isn't a figurine kind of guy but a t-shirt for the baby would be cute that says "Daddy's future golfing buddy" or whatever his hobby may be would be cute.

I got my husband the kids book "What Dad's Can't Do". It's so cute and it's small enough to stick in your bag. You can get it fairly cheap on Amazon. Congrats on your baby!!!

1 / 3