Networking for Mom-owned Businesses?

Updated on November 01, 2010
K.B. asks from Plano, TX

Anyone know of networking groups geared towards work at home moms/moms who own businesses? If so, I'd love to hear about them.

• Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

answers from Santa Barbara on

I belonged to an informal breakfast club for about 4 years. It was great. We all got together for an early breakfast and had a speaker each week. We had guidelines similar to leads groups with only one member in each category (financial, makeup, fashion, bookkeeping, etc.), everyone in group got a chance to intro themselves and their business at the beginning and the end. Speaker would speak for 10 minutes and we were out in 1 hour.

answers from Los Angeles on

I live in CA, so I'm not sure if this applies to your area. Here, we have groups called Heartlink Network that are geared towards people with their own businesses who need support.

There are also groups called Consultant of the Month that are for women in various direct sales business (Discovery Toys, Avon, Mary Kay, Pampered Chef, etc). is also a great place to look

answers from Dallas on

I just started a networking group in the DFW area. It's called Mommy and Me Networking. We meet weekly on Wednesday mornings. We are all work at home moms or dads. It's basically a playgroup meets networking so you can bring your kids. Check us out and see what you think.
Hope to meet you soon!

answers from Atlanta on

HI K.,

The Joy of Connecting is a very comfortable and easy way to network. I've been to a few meetings (about $25.00 a piece but there's a light meal), it's quite enjoyable and there are a lot of WAHMs there. It's all women owned businesses.

If there isn't one in your area, they do sell "franchises." They are more profitable than many of the businesses that attend :)

answers from Dallas on

Check on
What kind of business do you have?

answers from Dallas on

There is a great networking group based in Frisco and surrounding Areas. We meet monthly on the first Thursday. Thursday, April 8th: We are meeting for a networking mixer at Blue Mesa at Granite Park at 6:30pm. Come have a drink and talk to other mothers who understand your struggles and take an interest in your business.

Next question: Seeking Business Groups