Nervous About Baby Movement.

I am 8 1/2 months pregnant, and have noticed in the last couple of days that the baby is not moving nearly as much as he has been. I still feel him getting the hiccups, and kicking a little, but i am a little nervous. Is this normal?

Yes, K., it's completely normal. The baby is getting pretty crowded in there, and there's not much room to move around like there was a couple of months ago.

Not to worry! You're still feeling life in there, and everything is fine! Enjoy the ride!

LeAnn

K.,

From a grandma...............babies always settle down a few days before their born. They are getting in position in the birth canal for delivery.
Nothing to be too concerned about since you do feel some movement every day.
Get plenty of rest ....you will need it for the delivery.
Congratulations!

At 8 1/2 months the baby is getting too big for his home and they can't move as much. Soon you will feel like a watermelon is stuffed in there. Dont' sweat it sweetie. The last month or so is the hardest time of the entire pregnancy.

Always check with your doctor when something seems odd.
But in the baby's defense.... it is getting crowded in there and harder to move around.

Call the doctor!

Hello and congratulations. Yes this is very normal. Be ready. The baby is getting ready, you should be going into labor soon. As long as there is a strong heart beat you should not worry. Good luck.

I'd ask your dr. but it seems maybe the baby doesn't have as much room to move around, cause he or she has gotten bigger. I know my movement slowed down towards the end, but again, always check with your dr. Good Luck and congrats.

There are no stupid questions...don't ever hesitate to call your OB/GYN if you are concerned. You'll be doing the same thing with your baby's pediatrician once he's born! It's not unusual at all for the baby's movements to slow down a lot at your stage of pregnancy. There just isn't enough room for all that kicking and elbowing, etc. But again, it never hurts to speak with your dr...you should be down to weekly visits by now, and if there's a problem, you may have to go more often. I know I had to go 3x a week the last 2 weeks b/c of my blood pressure.

Call you OB. Go get checked out just to be safe. Much better to be over cautious and everything be okay than the alternative. Good Luck.

Hey K., I am a labor and delivery nurse and I would love to help you out. First of all, any time you have quetsion, please call your Dr, no question is a dumb quetsion, and that is the safest thing for your baby. When you are not sure if your baby is moving enough, lie down on your left side and drink some juice and make sure you have eaten somthing. After that write down every time your baby moves for 1 hr. If you do not feel 10 movements that I would call your Dr and probably go to the hopsital so they can look at your baby on the monitor. This does not mean something is wrong with your baby, but sometimes this is way that babies can tell us there may be something else going on. Don't ever feel bad for going to the hospital!!

I would definitely let your doctor know. That happened with both my girls and the doctor had me come in and be monitored for about 30 minutes. They put you in a quiet relaxing room and put a monitor on your belly so they can accurately tell the movement of the baby. It can't hurt to be cautious!

This is totally normal. As the baby gets bigger at the end of a pregnancy, he/she has less room to move around so you generally notice less movement. However, if you're really concerned, you should touch base with your doctor for reassurance.

1 / 3