Needle Core Biopsy in Breast Shows "Stromal Cellularity Increased"

so. they say its fibroadenoma but there's increased stromal cellularity. they want to take it out because this increase is not 'normal'. its the size of a chickpea
is this an indication it could be cancerous but the sample wasn't big enough or what? they really weren't saying much.
they basically said "we don't know" "its not normally what we see" and referred me to a surgeon.
i'ts deep in there and I'm scared to have it taken out cuz i'm small to begin with, but also scared not to.
thanks

fibroadenomas are almost always none cancerous. They can be common in woman with fiberous breast tissue. I had one removed at age 16, and have never had a regrowth. There is a scar, and an indentation were the lump used to be, but none of my lovers have ever taken issue with it. I say get it taken out, even though it is more than likely not cancer, it can continue to grow, sometimes very quickly.

You really need to discuss this with your doctor.

I had something taken out when I was about 20, I don't know what it was, I don't think they did either. They didn't know as much back then. I think it was just fibrous tissue. Anyway, I'm small, and I have a scar, but no big deal, and I didn't end up any smaller, so don't worry about that.

But like Marda says, discuss it with your dr.

You should talk at more length with your doctors, and also the surgeon. If they don't know what it is, they can tell you WHY they don't know...and why they feel removal is so necessary.

Also...and not be harsh...there shouldn't be a question in health versus breast size. Your health is most important, and breast size should not be a factor in not getting treated. I would be very surprised if it actually made your size different, though.

I had a biopsy done a couple of years ago. I had a lump removed that was non-cancerous (thank God!) but it was the size of a superball. They took it out and I thought I would be deformed on one side but I was not. Have it taken out and be done with it. I used a surgeon in Glen Ellyn she was wonderful.

1 / 3