Needing Help with Unique Ideas for Hard to Buy for Husband

Does anyone have any good ideas for Christmas Gifts for a hard to buy for Husband? He doesn't wear jewlrey, he has about every tool imaginable. Need some help with ideas other than the usual clothes etc....

I appreciate everyone's ideas. It gave me alot of things to think about. I usually do the massage items or nights away or "coupons" for Father's Day or his Birthday. I ended up getting him a very nice valet (night stand organizer)because he can never find his keys, wallet, cell phone and/or work badges at 5:30-6:00am it's rather annoying. I got it on valetstand.com. I also got him two audio books one Italian for Dummies and Spanish for Dummies. He's Italian but doesn't know much of the language except for cuss words and he is always talking about wanting to take Spanish Lessons. He loves to listen to books in the Car but he usually goes to the library to get them. I also got him an Italian word a day 2008 calendar to help to teach him words. I got these at Borders they have other languages as well. I ended up getting him a tool that I remembered that he is always borrowing from a cousin and some new sweatpants etc... for stocking stuffers I got him some CD's, Nose and Ear Trimmer (fun fun) and some Men's Body wash etc..... I hope he likes what I got him. It gets tougher each year. Thanks again for responding it's nice to know you can go to mamasource for help. J. C

A massage? or tickets to a ballgame or concert? or a day test-driving a nice fast car? if he's a wine or coffee drinker, I think there is a website out there where you can order a year-supply of home-delivered coffee, tea or wine (one time per month)... Good luck

Hey from a woman who was married for 20 years, the best gift is one that will ease his working body. For a hard working man who is on his feet so much you might think in terms of a foot massage soaker. Might not sound great but when a man uses something and it makes him feel better he will know that you care enough about his comfort to have thought in those terms.

How about a photo of yourself with the three kids? You could have one done pretty inexpensively at Wal-mart or JCPenney. If he has a desk or office, you could give him a framed 5x7, or if he doesn't have a place for a framed photo, you could give him wallets of each of the three kids, or you with all the kids.

I am buying my "hard-to-buy-for" husband the book "Quiet Strength" by Coach Tony Dungy. There is also a journal. I think he would like it (Super Bowl winning football coach) and it would probably be an 'easy read.' Also, I think it will be inspiring for dads. Good Luck!

well, i usually have little or no idea what to get my hubby, but he's always asking me to rub his back (because it hurts) so this year i'm buying him a hand-held massager with 3 attachments at walmart. i hope it will be a good gift! if you have a walmart nearby, you could check them out. they have $5 and up massagers.

I don't know about you, but my husband always goes for electronics. He loves gameboys, music CDs, DVD's of his favorite T.V. shows, etc.

When all else fails, get him a gift card to his favorite restarant. :-)

If he uses his tools a lot then a gift card to Home Depot or Lowes sounds good.

My husband's birthday is right after Christmas so he really gets short-changed in the gift department if I'm not careful. Last year I took him to Chateau Avalon for an overnight in a theme room. We had fun in the big fancy jacuzzi tub for two (that ends up a crazy bubble factory if you use the liquid soap they provide). I ordered half a dozen chocolate dipped strawberries and we watched a fun DVD (Some Like it Hot with Marilyn Monroe). We had a wonderful time and the room was half price because that is their slowest time of the year. That enabled me to buy him a gift card for The Legends Village West center and he was able to shop for things he wanted (mostly in the electronics section at Nebraska Furniture Mart and sporting goods at Cabela's). He was VERY happy! :-)

I don't know what your budget is for this.
I have given my dh coupons for different things that I can do for him.
A date night.
A back rub.
A favorite desert.
A favorite meal.
Then I buy the things that go with the coupons that I made.
Some massage tool, with massage oil.
You can even buy the massage tables to go with it all now.
There are lots of things you can buy to go along with that.
You could also get him accessories to go with the tools that he has, but my dh tends to like the personal stuff more than he does the tool stuff. It seems to mean more to him.

What about picture of you and the children in black and white or better yet. what about a night out at a hotel just the two of you with a nice dinner and movie.

1 / 3