Need Vacation Ideas with a 4 Year Old and 7 Month Old

Does anyone have a suggestion of a great family vacation for a 4 year old and 7 month old? The last couple of years we have gone to Sesame Place, and my daughter loved it but we don't want to get in the habit of going to the same place each year. I think Disney would be too hard with the baby this year, and don't know what else would be good at this age! A couple of people have mentioned Hilton Head SC, but I don't know anything about the area. Please help! Any suggestions you have are appreciated!

Thanks so much to all that chimed in and helped here! We decided to do a road trip to Pennsylvania, with stops every couple of hours to keep the kiddos occupied. We headed first to the Strasburg Railroad for a ride through Amish country. I have to tell you that this was GREAT! Anyone with a young child who likes trains, I strongly recommend this! They have a nice train museum on the other side of the rouad, a hge gift shop, nice cafe, and tons of activities. Then you go on the 45 minute ride on a real steam engine through Amish country! Very educational and fabulous if the kids are interested in trains at all. From there we headed to Hershey and did the chocolate tour- nice but not a full day. After that we did two days at Sesame Place (again) which the kids LOVED, moreso this year than before! Again, I strongly recommend this for anyone with a kiddo under 9. Both my 9 month old and my 4 year old had a blast! There are tons of kid friendly rides, lots of water rides and wading pools, and shows galore (all included in the price)! They also have a Disney type parade twice a day, and character breakfasts/lunches/dinners. To top it off you get a two day pass for the price of one day! Very nice- we all had a great time and my 4 year old is already talking about going back next year!! The only dark spot to our trip was Crayola- dont waste your time. It is more of a hands on craft experience than an educational opportunity. There was no explanation of how crayons or markers are made at all- there were a couple of craft stations where the kids made things, and a couple of places for them to draw with crayons and chalk. Thats it for $10 a person. If you live in the area it wouldn't be bad, but don't make the drive for it, you'll be disappointed. Anyway, after that we headed home and spent a couple of days up north at Higgins lake- always a good time! Thanks to all that offered sugestions, they were much appreciated!

try the all inclusive indoor water parks.. Tons of them in OH, like castaway bay, many more! very affordable. baby friendly and Fun for all!!!

There's always Hershey Pennsylvania. I've never been there, but a friend of mine took a trip with her son. The Crayola factory is in the same area. Not sure if 4 is too young, but it's something to look into. When we were kids, we took a lot of trips to Niagara falls and Mackinac Island. Any place that has water and animals will be fun for the kids. How about Sea World? Chicago has a great children's museum, the Shedd Aquarium and Navy Pier. Good luck. Let us know where you ended up going, and how it went.

Hi A.:
Disney is a great place for even a 7 month old. I took my daughter when she was 8 months old and we actually had fun. My boys were 4 and 5. There is so much to do - you have the water there. Hilton Head is not a place for a 7 month old Its more for adults. I think Pigeon Forge, Gatlenburg, TN is also a great place. If you need help planning let me know; I do travel and could save you some money as well.
Feel free to email me back or ____@____.com

We stay in Michigan. Go up north. Silver Lake is beautiful, we go to michigan adventures. Even the 7 month old will like. Also you could check out the mac dune rides. our youngest was around 10 months last time we went oh she had fun. just a thought.

I have a 4 year old, 3 year old and 7 month old. I find traveling long distances with three kids difficult and it doesn’t start the vacation off very well. The last few years we've vacationed at Maumee Bay Ohio State Park. It only takes a little over an hour to get there and I can pack as much as I want. The park is lovely and environmentally friendly (which isn’t my thing, but kinda cool). They have a large hotel, which looks nice. But we stay in the cottages. I believe they have 2 bedroom and 4 bedroom options…and some 4 bedroom have a Jacuzzi. The park is on Lake Erie plus they have their own inlet lake. They have an indoor and outdoor pool and lots of kid friendly activities. I would highly recommend it. Plus Cedar Point is only a little over an hour away…an easy day trip.
www.maumeebayresort.com

Why not spend your money in Michigan? I say get back to basics. I would book a cabin, cottage, or condo on the beach - on the west coast up north - Traverse City and upwards, Homestead, or go to Mackinac Island, etc. - you can go to Great Wolf Lodge for indoor water fun, go to the beach, sand dunes, get ice cream, walk around town, etc. It doesn't take much to entertain kids that age (and really you probably are most concerned with your 4 year old as the 7 month old will not really care where you are as long as he is with you). Kids love the beach and playing in the water - Michigan has plenty of it and I am sure the resorts up north would appreciate your business. Have fun making your choice!

I love Niagara Falls. I have a 4 and two 2 year olds and that is a place where everyone just has a good time. There is so much to do in the downtown area for big and small. It is a very kid friendly place and we love the car ride!! There is also an african safari on the way that we always stop off at, it is just so much fun! We are planning a trip this Memorial weekend - can't wait!!

1 / 3