Need to Fit Three Car Seats Next to Each Other

Does anyone know of any narrow car seats? I need to fit three next to each other in my Hyundai Santa Fe. I need a seat for my almost 3 yr old, a booster for my 5 yr old and an infant seat. Any suggestions?? Thanks!

Good luck with that, I was in a similar situation with my blazer, I tried 6 different seats, I brought the vehicle to the professional installers and there was no way. There was not much difference between the seat sizes. I ended up with a minivan.

Sunshine Kids car seats. I have three across in my minivan, work great!

The narrowest car seat we have found is the Sunshine Kids Radian 80. It is heavy but generally it doesn't come out of the car so we don't mind. Our son started using it facing forward at 11 mos. and his cousin has used it everytime she visits (ages 3 and 4). She tells us it's very comfortable.

Hi D.,

I was thinking about this same problem on my ride to work. I have a Kia Spectra and a Nissan Altima. We are considering having a third, but I can't afford 3 kids AND 2 new cars.

Have a look at the Radian from Sunshine Kids. We have the Radian 80 (rated for infants through 80 lbs; also a Radian 65 model for kids up to 65 lbs) that is extremely narrow. Been very happy with it. Good luck.

I don't have your problem (3 kids, 1 backseat) but I do have a very small car and I purchased this: SafeGuard Go booster seat. Which is quite narrow and will do for the 3 year old and then if converts to a booster. So far we really like it, it attaches to the car's LATCH system and has a soft back. It also has a travel case which is why we bought it. It is a bit expensive (we think) but if it lasts for the next 6 years (we bought this when we switched to a forward facing seat this month) it will be worth it.

Hope you find a way, Good luck, N.

Hi D., I had the same problem. I could not find any smaller car seats or booster seats. My kids are older and I got permission from my safety police officer in town to let my oldest boy sit in the front ( he is turning 10 this August). If you find a smaller car eat, please let me know. S. G

The Britax Frontier is pricey, but it is an excellent option. It is narrow and still has side impact protection. It has a 5 pt. harness and can also be converted to a belt-positioning booster. I'd also do a google search on narrow booster seats. I haven't always had such good luck with the sales staff at Toys R Us or Babies R Us - sometimes they are knowledgeable, but it's really hit or miss.

Go to babies r us and ask them for help. They will go out to your car w/ you with floor models and you can see for yourself how they will fit, how they work, and if your children will be comfortable in them.

1 / 3