Need to Find Affordable Ballet Lessons

My four year old is really interested in ballet and would love lessons, but we are on a VERY fixed income. Does anyone have any good suggestions of where there might be decently priced classes in Mesa?

I've decided to take her to some mommy and me yoga classes in March at the rec center when they start up again. She loves to do yoga with me, so I think she'll enjoy it. Thank you everyone for your wonderful suggestions!!!

I would take her to Mesa Park and Recreation for dance classes. Parks and Rec classes are a great alternative for any kimd of class (adult classes, preschool, dance, etc.) because they're usually much cheaper than a studio with much less pressure--my Parks and Rec students never had to buy any costumes like you would to perform in a studio's dance concert. And especially at such a young age where it hardly makes a difference, I would recommend Parks and Rec for children until they're good enough or at an age where more extensive training would even make a difference.

I have my daughter in ballet classes through the city of Mesa. They have a program called time out. You can pick up there schedules at the public library or the park and rec. office. It's also available online at the cityofmesa.org website. The ballet class only cost me $27.00 per semester. This was really nice because of the complications of having a baby my daughter missed part of her last semester, I wasn't freaking over the money wasted. They offer many different dance classes and the teachers are wonderful. The dance classes are held @ Red Mountain Multigenerational Center. Good luck!!

I just started my 4 yr old at Dance Element in Gilbert on Val Vista and Ray. It's 40.00 per month and she takes a combo class which is Tap, Ballet, Jazz, and some tumbling. It's one hour per week. Before this i just went through Chandler Parks and Rec classes and they were a little cheaper and she enjoyed them as well. Good Luck.

I heard that Gymboree is a good place but never tried it since I don't have a daughter.

Check out Mesa parks and Rec. You can go to www.cityofmesa.org/timeout. They offer a varity of dance classes in your daughters age range and they are affordable.

1 / 3