Need to Cook a Lot of Hot Dogs for B-day Party

I know they aren't healthy, but it's her b-day and her choice for food. What is a good way to cook a lot of hot dogs at one time without bbqing them?

Thanks for all of the great tips! I have never really liked hot dogs so am not an expert. But, thankfully, you guys are! I think I will try baking them. My daughter would eat them raw, so she will be pleased no matter what. As for the nitrate free hot dogs, I have had a hard time finding them. So, far I have only found them at Trader Joe's, which is about 25 miles from our house.

You could get some kosher nitrate free dogs. They are what I gt when I crave hot dogs and they are soooooo yummy:) They are more expensive, but worth it to me. There are many brands, I like Hebrew National the best cause they are carried in practically every grocery chain.

I like to put them in the oven. You can put them straight on the rack with a cookie sheet underneath to catch the dripping. They cook in 5-10 minutes, and you can cook many at one time. They also taste better than boiled, they have that crisp skin when you bite into them.

I second Betty's suggestion of nitrate-free dogs. There are some fairly healthy options out there. They'll cost a bit more, but they'll still be cheaper than many other food options, and they're sooo worth it!

As for a 'healthy' hot dog, I buy mine at Trader Joe's. It's an Uncured All Beef Hot Dog with no nitrates or nitrites. No fillers, gluten, MSG, antibiotics, or hormones. The ingredient list is short and all things I can read and know what they are.

We eat Hebrew Nationals... still hot dogs, but without all the yucky parts!

I think the best way to cook lots without a BBQ would be in the oven. Just put them all on a baking sheet not touching. More baking sheets if needed, and put them in the oven around 375. Roll them every once and a while for even cooking, and they are done when they swell and the ends start to crack.

Boiling them is fairly quick and easy, but gross in my opinion.

A griddle works well too, but not as quick or easy as the oven.

boil in a big pot. I like to boil hotdogs with a can of beer. Makes them taste better.

Big Pot. Throw dogs in. Boil 5-10 minutes.
Have fun!

You could make the birthday girl a special "hot dog man" - take a hot dog and cut a split on one end to make the "legs" then further up cut two diagonal slits on either side for "arms" and then boil. The "arms" and "legs" will curl out to make a fun hot dog man.

1 / 3