Need Suggestions for Halloween Treats for a 1 1/2 Year Old and 6 Year Old

Hi! I am making a special Halloween treat bag for my 15 year old nephew, 6 year niece and 1 1/2 year old niece. I can fill my nephews bag with candy and little gift cards to fun places, but I am a bit stumped on what to do for the girls. The 6 year old can get candy too, but what else? And I know I can't give candy to the littlest one. Any suggestions? The bags are not really big-- gift bag size (8x8 about).

I am doing treat bags (no candy) for my DD MDO class of 2 and under.

I am putting in the bags, small cans of play dough, halloween stickers, halloween stamps, Halloween straws, Halloween small glow sticks. ALL CAN BE FOUND AT WAL*MART.

You can also put bags of individual pkgs of goldfish crackers, animal crackers or vanilla wafers (etc.) This is what I handed out to the toddlers that came to my door last year for Halloween.

The little girl might like the cheap braclets that are elasticized. Dollar Tree is a good place to find inexpensive stuff.

Go down the section of party supplies at Walmart and you'll be surprised, what you'll find. First of all anything Disney or High School Musical, you can buy flavored lip glosses for the 6year old or puzzles or plastic jewelry or colored markers or crayon's or gift cards to McDonald's or blockbuster. For the 1 1/2 year old, you could get little Halloween books or toys or a Halloween t-shirt or DVD's to put in their bag. Good Luck!

Cheerios for the 1 1/2 yr old! As far as a toy for the little one, get her a bottle of bubbles. Obviously she can't blow them herself, but someone can blow bubbles for her.

Last year I passed out sample sizes of playdough that you can buy in bulk at Sams or anywhere else.

My kids are this age. The six year old loves Littlest Pet Shop and My Little Pony toys. The younger one loves tiny baby dolls (can get for $3 at Target) and rubber ducky's.

For the girl, some lip gloss, nail polish, a small purse, some story books, easy to read of course, maybe some puzzle books like simple word searhes or mazes. Pencils and crayons. For the little boy,some inexpensive bathtub toys, larger cars puzzles and soft books.

Books, books, books, and some more books! Help build a library...1/2 price books has a great selection for all ages and interests...sticker books, coloring books, books that sing songs and make noises...all price ranges too...it's the gift that keeps giving!!

1 1/2 yr old: Teddy Grahams, Animal Crackers, Pretzels, Little People(see bins at Target), Play Dough

6 yr old: Tatoos, Markers, Crayons,Play Jewelry,Lip gloss,Stickers, small craft kits

SAHM of three: 19, 18,and 5.
Home Baker and Crafter. Married to the same wonderful Man for almost 12 years.

fruit snacks, yogos, or go down the baby food isle and get the dried fruits, gerber snacks, cookies, etc. they tend to be a little healthier and you can take the little prepackaged snacks out of the box to fit your bag! good luck!!

How about hair accessories, chapstick, bubbles, books, apples?
A.

Rice crispie treats and a small halloween teddy bear or something should thrill the girls.

I hope this helps, but here is what our Dentist told us. We have a 15 month old baby and with Halloween coming up there are lots of bad candies out there. They said the best candies are the ones that melt in your mouth chocolates. For example, Hershey's kisses. She said because they melt and don't leave the sugary residue on the teeth. So my suggestion is this: Give the little one or all of them for that matter, some of the chocolates and then have the "toy or candy fairy" come in and take all the other candy and leave them a really super cool toy. Got that idea off parenthacks.com. Hope this helps!

what about a small $5 Blockbuster gift card for all the kiddos to pick out a game rental/DVD for each
does the 15 year old have an ipod--he might like a gift card to download some good appropritat tunes on-line. I think tom thumb has tons of gift card options to different stores. How about a toys r' us gift card and they can pick something out
Playdough(maybe not for the 1 1/2 year old...)
6 year old girl might like those little pet shop figures.
USA toys in Plano /Constructive play things has TONS of little toys/party favors of of Independence and Parker
They will get tons of candy on Halloween so maybe nix the candy and get them little things. happy gift finding...

You have been given a lot of good advice... I go the dollar tree, they have a lot of little items; get your 1 1/2 year old bubbles... bubbles bring so many smiles, wish it worked that good on us as we get older...

On a separate note, my sister is like you, she has one child, but she likes to get me, as well as my other sister's too, so she always gets something that makes a lot of noise to drive me crazy and the kids LOVE it...

for the 1 1/2 year old you might do the Kellogs fruit snacks, I did this for my son for Easter and he loved it. They have Disney Princesses snacks. As for the 6 year old you might get the party bag stuffers at wal mart. They have Hannah Montannah stuff or lip glosses.

What a great aunt! :-)
Target has these great "$1" bins with so many different cute things to choose from, for all ages-even bibs, and socks! A lot of cute things. Also, Dollar tree has a huge selection of great toys and treats for both sexes-all ages and everything there is $1. My kids beg to go there to pick something out after school all the time :-)