Need Suggestions for Bath Soap/lotion for Sensitive Skin and Ezcema.

Hi fellow moms/g-moms. My 14 month old son keeps breaking out with little bumps on his torso. Sometimes it's heat rash. Sometimes it is an allergic reaction to something. The doctor also says it is mild Ezcema. It comes and goes so randomly, that I haven't been able to pinpoint what the allergy would be to. It only seems to bother him right around his hip area, where the edge of his diaper comes, and he scratches. Right now, I am treating with hydrocortisone cream and Benadryl. Can anyone suggest a bath soap and lotion that is particularly good for his sensitive skin and ezcema? I had stopped washing the laundry with Dreft when he turned one, but will go back to Dreft. He has had this condition on/off since he was born.
I appreciate your feedback.

Hi Everyone. Thanks so much to all of you for your suggestions. Someone is supposed to be sending me samples of the Renew Lotion. Meanwhile, I changed laundry soap to All Free & Clear. We have changed his bath regimen, and are using Aveeno shampoo and Cetaphil bar on his body. Then I apply Eucerin Calming lotion after bath and in the morning. We have also stopped giving him the apple juice he used to drink, and replaced with water and Crystal Light mix. They have an apple flavor that tastes just like the old juice. It is sugar free and has less acid than the juice. I must say, that so far, with all we have changed, his skin looks 99% better. The only place that has any rash on it is right around his waste, where his diaper stops. Everywhere else is completely clear now. So we are going to keep doing what we are doing and hope it keeps working. The next change might be his diapers, but for now, he looks good, and is not scratching anymore. We have not used hydrocortisone or Benedryl in over a week, and he is doing great! So, again, thank you so much for your insight and advice. It has all worked, and I appreciate it greatly. Have a good day, and God Bless.

My boys used to suffer from severe eczema. We discovered by process of elimination that chemicals like formaldehyde, chlorine, ammonia, etc really, really aggravated their symptoms. Once we eliminated soaps, lotions, detergents, cleaners, etc with those kinds of things they got so much better!!! We use Melapower laundry detergent, Renew body lotion, Koala Pals baby shampoo & body wash, & Melaleuca Herbal Shampoo for when their scalps get itchy (which is very rare). I highly recommend these products. They are such a good value too.

I have the perfect lotion for you to try. Dreft still has a lot of perfumes & chemicals that will actually irritate his eczema worse. Have you ever heard of Melaleuca? They make products that are much safer w/out harsh chemicals and they make a lotion called Renew, which is great for eczema. They also have laundry detergent, soaps & household cleaners that are very mild and are great for people with eczema. If you are interested in trying it, there is a money-back guarantee but I know you will love it. Call me at ###-###-#### and I'll tell you how you can get these wonderful products. I look forward to hearing from you soon! L.

Hello N.,
I can also recommend the Arbonne Baby Wash. My son has struggled with some eczema as well. I facilitate a food allergy support group in Tyler and consult with parents who have children with food allergies if you want some help pinpointing what might be causing the eczema. My blog is www.thefoodteacher.blogspot.com if you want to read a little about me. Let me know if I can help.

I feel your pain. My daughter has fought ezcema since she was2....up until 2 years ago when I found a wonderful Dr.Angela Moore (off Lamar in Arlington).She has everything in her office for ezcema or any type od skin care you can think of from body soap to lotions,sunsreen etc..You name it she has it. She has been a God sent to my daughter and I would recommend her to anyone who is fighting ezcema.What I love about Dr.Moore is no meds are given (like most dr's try to give) like steriod cremes,mostly everything she sells either comes from France, Austrilia and is VERY inexpensive and not harmful for short or long term use.My daughter can swim and enjoy being a kid again without worry of an outbreak like before. Good luck and many blessings to you and your baby!!!

N.,
If you dont mind giving me a mailing address for you, i can send you a sample of Renew Lotion that i swear by!! I have sent another mom from mamasource some and she said it worked like a charm for her grand daughters dry skin! Also, my six week old daughter recently broke out in a blistering rash on her hand, i could not get her into the doctor that day and the wait at childrens hospital emergency was unbearable, since she had no other symptoms like a fever or no appetite, i decided to try a dab of renew on her hand until the next day when i could get her an appointment. well, within minutes, her redness went away and the next day, her blister was dried up and nearly gone!! i was amazed!! anyway, if you are interested, i can send you a couple of samples of it, i will pay for shipping and everything. let me know! ;)

My oldest had the same problem and I switched to All Free and Clear. Dreft is so expensive and I found the All worked just as well, but without the scent. I, also, used Aveeno products. When he had eczema, diaper rash or any skin irritations, I would use the Aveeno oatmeal bath packets. They really helped soothe his skin.

Here are few products that might work well for you. Natural, organic, etc...

Gentle Wash:
http://www.shaklee.net/healinghappens/product/30108

Laundry Concentrate:
http://www.shaklee.net/healinghappens/product/00300

Lotion:
http://www.shaklee.net/healinghappens/product/30106

Diaper Rash Cream:
http://www.shaklee.net/healinghappens/product/30109

All guaranteed and returnable.

There are many expensive products out there. I have found that Dove Sensitive Skin body wash (the label is in green) works the best without the expense. It may take several days up to a week to see improvement, but continue to use it daily even when your child is not having any skin breakouts. Also, be sure to use lotion daily to help keep his skin hydrated. I hope this helps.

One of my girls had "mild eczema" when she was 6 months or so...lots of little bumps on her neck/throat/chest and lots of itching. We thought it could have started from using plastic bibs (never really determined the cause). In addition to only using cloth bibs, we used (and still use) Aveeno Baby Creamy Wash and Aveeno Baby Shampoo. We also use Aquaphor instead of any lotions. Aquaphor really softens/heals the skin and would provide a nice barrier between their skin and diaper. I also use "All free & clear" for their wash and non-dye/non-perfume softener liquid/sheets...although we use regular detergent on my husbands clothes (so I'm not sure if you have to go 100% free and clear in your washing machine or not).

We have been eczema/bumpy free since we started our regimen.
We did not see a dermatologist - just the pediatrician.

I agree that it is important to figure out what he is allergic to so he can stop having that, but the essential oil lavendar is great for itchy skin. A few drops in a bath will usually help a lot!

1 / 3