Need Song Ideas for 1 Year Old's First 'Video Montage'

We're creating a video of our daughter's first year of life and I'm looking for song ideas. Please provide the title and artist if you have it. Thanks much!

I knOw that you posted this awhile ago but I couldn't help but tell you about Over the Rainbow by Isreal Kamakawiwo. It's the same Over the Rainbow that we all know but done by Isreal, who plays the ukilele and is Hawaiian.....LOVE THIS SONG and makes me cry every time I hear it.
K. :~)

'In My Daughter's Eyes' by Martina McBride. It practically brings me to tears:

In my daughter's eyes I am a hero
I am strong and wise and I know no fear
But the truth is plain to see
She was sent to rescue me
I see who I wanna be
In my daughter's eyes

In my daughter's eyes everyone is equal
Darkness turns to light and the
world is at peace
This miracle God gave to me gives me
strength when I am weak
I find reason to believe
In my daughter's eyes

And when she wraps her hand
around my finger
Oh it puts a smile in my heart
Everything becomes a little clearer
I realize what life is all about

It's hangin' on when your heart
has had enough
It's giving more when you feel like giving up
I've seen the light
It's in my daughter's eyes

In my daughter's eyes I can see the future
A reflection of who I am and what will be
Though she'll grow and someday leave
Maybe raise a family
When I'm gone I hope you see how happy
she made me
For I'll be there
In my daughter's eyes

K. :~)

I had created a video montage for my sister and when it showed the pictures of her kids I used the song "Tell Me Why" by Pat Benatar. It's a BEAUTIFUL song ~ there wasn't a dry eye in the house! The lyrics are below.

Tell me why the stars do shine
Tell me why the ivy twines
Tell me why the sky's so blue
And then I'll tell you just why I love you
Because God made the stars to shine
Because God made the ivy twine
Because God made the sky's so blue
Because God made you, that's why I love you
Tell me why the stars do shine
Tell me why the ivy twines
Because God made the sky's so blue

I would try Marc Cohen. He has a beatiful song he wrote for his daugther on his second album. Also, James Taylor (how sweet it is) or Billy Joel (she's got a way). Another good song is Stevie Wonder's "sign sealed delivered, or Aretha Franklin's "Baby I love you."

Hope those inspire you a bit.

Good luck, and if you can, please try to find the marc cohen song. I will search too. It's on his second album, it's the last song. It's so beautiful.

Jolie

For my daughters first b-day video I did "Isn't She Lovely" by Stevie Wonder, "Baby Mine" by Bette Midler, and "Linus and Lucy" (AKA the Peanuts theme Song) by the VinceGuaraldi Trio. "Linus and Lucy" has no words, but it's a great active song for capturing a moving baby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A2Jt4WOxN8

Somewhere Over the Rainbow - by Israel Kamakawiwo Ole

ALWAYS gives me goose bumps!!!!

Amazing by Janelle......It is so beautiful. I made a Montage for my husband for Fathers day and this is the song I used....brought a tear to everyones eyes.

http://www.catholicmusicnetwork.com/cmn_cd_detail.asp?PRO...

I've had this kind of montage in my head for my daughter for several years now. I haven't gotten it out of my head yet, but when I do it will be to Stevie Wonder's "PaperDoll."

Good luck and have fun!

1 / 3