Need Some Ideas for Baby's First Walking Shoe

I am wondering if anyone has found a great pair of shoes for the beginner walker.

I love pedipeds! They are about $30 a pair and you can usually find free shipping offers from the website. I don't know if my daughter has small feet, but I thought they ran kind of big...more room to grow I guess.. Also, I do like Robeez, but the ones that slip on, the elastic would leave red marks around her feet. They weren't too small, and I haven't tried another pair yet. Have fun shoe shopping!

Robeez! The soft leather ones for most days, and the Tredz for rainy days or extra rough terrain. Both are super flexible and cute as can be!

Stride Rite- try shoebuy.com for some decent prices, or JCPenney also carries them in whole sizes, regular widths.

I loved the See Kai Run's.. My daughter had 3 pairs of these awesome shoes. I found them at Red Rover Kids in Stillwater www.redrover-kids.com. They had very flexible thermo-plastic rubber soles that provide optimum support for developing feet... they are also handcrafted from butter-soft leather. Super trendy & cute too! Check em out!
Have fun!! (:

I agree with checking out the leather soft sole shoes from Target. Once your child is a little older I would suggest Pedoodles. They are easy to put on and allow their foot to bend naturally at the arch.

Stride Rite all the way! Totally worth the money...

My daughter had the fattest,chunkiest feet ever and I couldn't find shoes or a store to fit her. I finally was told to try stride rite. They specially ordered her shoes and worked wonders. The have the best first walking shoes ever. They're flexable and comfy and hold up. I swear it's worth the money it'll run you $40-$50 dollars.

I got my son his first pair of shoes at walmart. They were called trainers or something close to that, they are in the infant section. They have a rubber sole so they wont hurt the development of your childs foot growth and sicne they are rubber its a non slip surface. The shoe size only goes to a size 5 though my son started in that size but hes not a very big kid at all so he got a lot of use out of that one pair.
For the first pair of shoes I recommend a really soft sole until your child gets use to walking and walking in a shoe. Hope this helps. L.

I had Stride Rite for my boy and also Pedipeds. They were awesome!!! I liked the Pedipeds better than Robeez as they have more of a sole to them...

I think thoses soft leather slip-on slippers are the best. Robeez or similar. They protect their feet from anything sharp, but dont restrict them or keep them from feeling the surface that they are on.

1 / 3