Need Some Home Remedy for Itchy, Watery and Red Eyes

I have this tremendous itching and watering in my eyes with runny nose for last 3 days. My runny nose is okay now, but itching in my eyes is worse. I have allergy to dust and it often causes runny nose, but the itchy eyes is new thing. Please help me. Any OTC drops, home remedies to sooth my eyes, anything is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

CVS has a good eye wash that has boric acid as an inactive ingredient. It works really good for itchy, red eyes. It is the CVS brand, Soothing Eye Wash.

I had problems the first Spring after moving here. The eye doctor recommened Alaway. It's OTC. It's by Bausch & Lomb.

Here's a link for a coupon....since nothing is cheap :)

http://www.alaway.com/coupon

I have found taking alfalfa and or garlic works well but long term you can eliminate allergies by building up your immune system. A good air purifier would be benefitial too Let me know if you would like any more specific info about getting rid of your allergies or the air Purifier we use.

Sincerely,
K. B

www.shaklee.net/takecontrol

I use colloidal silver for that (as well as pink eye, etc.). 20ppm or less (not any more than that). Love it! I always keep this on hand for other ailments (pneumonia in a nebulizer, croup, etc.)

The other thing that would not hurt at all would be to do an eye wash of red raspberry leaf tea. I'd try that right now, since you probably have quicker access to that.

I use Clenzology Facial Solution AM or PM by Garden of Life. Last time I checked (over a year ago) they sell it at Natural Foods Warehouse and Good Nutrition health food stores. It's natural. You fill a bowl or sink with hot water, add salt and the solution, put face in and blink eyes. It works great! I found out about it from http://www.mercola.com.

You need to take an allergy medicine, like Zyrtec, Claritin or benedryl along with the eye drops. Wear sunglasses any time you go outside. We took our youngest daughter to the doctor 2 weeks ago regarding her allergies. The Dr. said that the pollen count the day before was a 10.1 out of a possible 12. So even though we've gotten a lot of rain to wash away some of the pollen it is still too early in the season.
Milly

New Sun (www.newsun.net) has a wonderful homeopathic allergy formula that really works. If you decide to go with them, be sure to get both the Foundational formula and the one for the South East geographic region. These formulas are water based and can be used orally, inhaled, and topically.

It's the Pollen in the air.

http://www.alaway.com/coupon

Zaditor eye drops used to be a prescription item, but now they're over the counter. My whole family is using them right now and they really do work. Burns a little, but worth it! Much more effective than Visine.

1 / 3