Need Routine Eye Exam for Son - Recos for Opthamologist

Hi - I need to get a routine eye exam done for my almost 5yo before he starts school. Would I just go to a pediatric opthalmologist? If so - do you have any recommendations in Chicago or the N/NW suburbs?

Thanks in advance.

I live in western suburbs and my son had to have his 1st exam for kindergarten last yr. We went to Eye care assoc. in Downers Grove, they also have a location in Westchester, and wow the exam was awesome, very thorough. See Dr. Jison great chairside manner.

Tamara Weis in Northbrook is great. She charges a very reasonable amount for the school eye exam and has a great rapport with the little ones. We also use her as our own opthalmologist.

If this is just the routine eye exam for school, you can take him to any optomotrist. My sister had to take my niece to one and she went to For Eyes. They were really good with her and did the eye exam at her age level. If you don't think there are any problems, a regular eye doctor would be fine.

I have heard that Pearl Vision is not a good place to go for children's eye exams.

My husband, two kids and I go to North Center Eye Care in Chicago. We have been going to them for years. We have seen all three of the doctors and liked all of them. They recently moved into a new office and the space is big and very nice. Something funny that I just remembered...on the way out after my son's very first eye appointment he said "That was fun, can we do that again?". Not your typical response from a 6 year old after a doctor's appointment!

North Center Eye Care
1926 W. Irving Park Rd.
Chicago
773/ ###-###-####
www.northcentereyecare.com

1 / 3