Need Recommendation for Good OB/GYN That Specializes in High Risk Pregnancy

I need a recommendation for a good OB/GYN that specializes in High Risk Pregnancy. I am looking to have another child very soon, but do not want to keep my current doctor because I had used her for the delivery of my first child who I went into premature labor with and PROM and he was born at 24 weeks, well this was my first child so really didn't know this was going to happen it just happened all of a sudden. Well, I recently got pregnant again and went back to her and she told me that I wouldn't be considered high risk because what happened to me before was more and likely a fluke thing that happened and probably wouldn't happen again. Well, low and behold at 23 weeks I started having contractions and my membranes ruptured again and I delivered my second child at 23 weeks who did not fair as well as my first child and we actually lost after a long stay in the hospital because of all of the complications. Me and My husband want to try again for another child but are very scared and would like some recommendations on a good doctor who anyone has had experience in dealing with who is good with high risk pregnancies.

I had my first child unexpectedly at 30 weeks and knew I was at high risk of it happening again with my second. The way it works is you continue to see your regular obgyn and then you also see the high risk specialist- which means lots of dr appts but it's well worth it! With my second child I was put on bedrest at 20 weeks among other things, but in the end she was delivered at full term, which was more than we were expecting. (We were told we'd be lucky to get past week 32!)

I also used Atlanta Perinatal Consultants and they were fabulous. They do have offices besides the one at Northside Hospital. I used Dr. Matsumoto and couldn't have been happier. Good luck!

I went to Dr. Romero Nicholson he's wonderful. He saved my son and my life during delivery. My niece is now going to him and she liked him but then met a women thru her job the women was a nurse and not only had worked alone side him at the hospital but he delivered her 3 children. She had nothing but good things to day about him personal and professional. He answers all his calls not some other doctors and he delivers your baby not some resident. He does take care of high risk my niece is high risk as well I was.
He's in marietta on church street extention near kennestone hospital. My best wishes to you.

what state are you ? if it is Atlanta i might have some suggestions. i also was high risk. i saw Dr Andre Toledo in the beginning . he is off Howell Mill drive and doctor Marcus Jeffrey. he is located in east cobb. they are very good doctors. i have no regrets.

Dr. Lawrence Stone, Atlanta Perinatal Consultants, www.atlantaperinatal.com, ###-###-####. They are on the first floor of Northside Hospital. They would work in conjunction with the OB/GYN you choose to work with, but they probably also have a long list of preferred doctors. Good luck.

1 / 3

Explore Mamapedia

a child at risk fluke