Need Place to Donate Baby Stuff That We No Longer Need

I have a lot of baby stuff in very good condition and would like to donate it to a consignment store or thrift shop of some sort. The Salvation Army by our house is not taking baby stuff right now. I don't want to take the stuff to the dump. We are cleaning things out this weekend, and I would rather take it some place than sit it outside with a free sign and put it on Craig's List, which I will as a last resort. Can anyone help me with a place that I can take these items. Thanks.

I know the Benicia Community Action Council ###-###-####) helps families in need including clothing. They sometimes can not take things due to space limitation, but you could call them. There is also a Goodwill store in Benicia and the Salvation Army in Vallejo all provide help/clothing to families in need.

How about freecycle? Do a google search for freecycle in your area, join the group online, offer what you have to give away, people will email you directly about what you're offering, and people will come pick it up from you. I do this with lots of kids stuff. It's easy.

Churches are always a place to donate good used stuff to since they usually have needy families on a list to help. There are also Planned Parenthood places that do free pregnancy tests for the pulic and encourage new mothers to keep the children so need donations to further help the needy mothers.There are also thrift stores in most cities that take used stuff. Good Luck and dont dump it, please.

Do you live in Oakland? There are two places I go. They consignments or exchanges. Cracker Jack off of Piedmont Avenue and Silver Moon on Grand Avenue.

I also did a yard sale and made good money. People love second hand baby items.

Good luck!!!!

Hello,

I am in need of baby items. If you could please email me the items that you have I would really appreciate it.
I have a friend that is in desperate need of items and anything will help. She will be taking custody of her daughters newborn when he is born and she does not have a lot of money because she has kids of her own. If you could please email me i would really appreciate it!

I live in Pittsburg, CA

Thanks,
A. (:

Hi S.
I googled the request and found some answers in the Berkeley Parent network. I assume you live in the bay area? One of the organizations helping people in need is called BANANAS, another Brighter Beginnings (www.brighter-beginnings.org) and the Network lists lots more. We have several shelters for women in the bay area also.
And if you have none in your neighborhood, perhaps you can google "thrift shops" and include the area in which you live (SF east bay or so.... )
What about having a garage sale?
Good luck. Best wishes to your situation.
Manya N.

I have a friend that works with the Pleasant Hill Moms Club:
http://www.mom4mom.org/details_outreach_inapinch.html

They are looking for people to donate items for a family raising their daughter's twin girls. The babies were born to a drug addicted mother, and the grandparents now have custody of the girls. I think they are looking for clothing, high chairs, swings, etc.......

I would use freecycle.org. You can post free items to other members in the area. You can also post WANTED: when you need items. Take care! C.

1 / 3