Need OB That Supports Natural Childbirth in Spring/Woodlands/Humble Area

Hi Mamas~

I'm desperate to find a doctor/midwife/birth center that won't fight me on my wishes to have a natural childbirth next May. No drugs, no interventions.

We've toured Nativiti and LOVE IT there. It's out of network for our insurance, so we're not sure if we can afford $270 or more per visit. If it's our only natural option, we'll do it. I'm just trying to gather as much information as possible.

Thank you ladies, in advance. I really appreciate your help!

I used Dr Jane Reed for both of my kids and gave birth at Memorial Herman with no drugs, no intervention etc - both experiences were wonderful. She fully supported my decisions and even reviewed my birth plan and supported my use of a doula for my first birth. I now see a midwife she has on staff who is supervised by Dr. Reed. I highly recommend her office - Specialists for Women.

I would recommend checking with your insurance to see if you can do an out of network sel-refferal. That's how I got covered at nativiti. If not, I love dr Jane Reed. I have worked with her before and she is very hands off for an OB. Good luck. Feel free to contact me if you need more recommendations.
K. W.
###-###-####

N.,

Just from the title of this I was going to refer you to Nativity. Just in case you decide to spend the money, I want you to know how wonderful they are there. Happy and Melany (If it's still them) were the best EVER! They made the birth of our daughter, who is now 11, the most memorable experience. I know two other couples who used them and loved it as well. I'm happy to answer any questions about it if you want to send me a note.
Best of luck to you and your family. God bless,

Dr Noel Boyd at Her Healthcare has a midwife on staff. They are a great place to go and have locations in kingwood and Atascocita.

Try Reunion Birth Center:
http://www.reunionmidwives.com. They are located behind the Kingwood Medical Center. Janet Little and Polly Logan are the best!

I gave birth to all three of my girls naturally at Memorial Hermann. I had a wonderful OB who totally supported my desire for a natural birth and even supported the idea of a doula (which we had the first time). Unfortunately, he just retired, so I'm on the hunt for a new doctor, but I'm done having children. My suggestion would be maybe call the hospital and get their recommendation, or maybe nativity could provide one. Also, you might try contacting a doula organization and get their thoughts. I know there are many doctors in the area that would support you, just keep trying. Good luck!

I would agree with Kathleen that Dr. Jane Reed is great. Have had good experiences with Dr. Beena Johnson at Memorial Hermann Woodlands as well. There may be others I don't know about.

When you go out of network with your insurance, you are having to pay the whole thing? I know a lot of insurance companies pay only 80%, but the cost of birth centers is so much less than hospitals, it shouldn't be too bad.

A.

N.-
Just wanted to put my two cents in for Nativiti. I've had all 3 of my children there - water births - and wouldn't have it any other way. Our insurance covered NOTHING, but it was worth it to us to have the opportunity to have our babies in a loving and supportive environment. Melanie (the owner and midwife) is incredible and Katherine (the other midwife) is great, too. I've also assisted my friend's two births and have 4 other friends who all birthed there and LOVED it.

If you really feel strongly about Nativiti, I would suggest calling and talking with Laurie. If anyone can find a way to make it happen with your insurance, it's her!! She's amazing that way.

Good luck to you in your search and happy birthing!!
mom to Kate (6), Ethan (4), and Karis (3)
www.TheMommyJournal.com

1 / 3