Need OB/GYN in Pittsburgh

I am 24 weeks pregnant and will be moving to Pittsburgh in a month. I desperately need to find an OB. I don't know anyone in Pittsburgh who I could ask for advice and so I was hoping that whoever reads this can recommend a good OB? I'd really like for it to be a woman. Thanks so much in advance!

Hello Everyone-

First of all, thank you for taking the time to help me out. I would have never thought that so many people would care about my problem and I really, really appreciate you help! I think I will go with WomanCare at Magee since so many of you had such great things to say about them. I called their office yesterday afternoon and talked to a really nice nurse who answered all my questions and who is no sending me the doctor's "biocards". I have pretty much made up my mind though, and I feel much less nervous about switching doctors so far into my pregnancy. All thanks to you!!!!
Now I will probably wonder every time I am at their practice if one of you is sitting there with me in the waiting room, and we will never know... :-)

Thanks again!!!

Love my OB/GYN. all female doctors (except one, who I have never had to see). Womancare South Hills. I see Dr Alvarado. Also love Dr Lebovitz and Moore. They have offices in Wexford and Bethel Park and at Magee Hospital in the city. Good luck!

As most have talked about WomanCare Associates thats who i see as well. I live in Homestead/Munhall area and its a few minutes up the hill from my house. Also Magee Womans hospital has its own clinic with many doctors, I went there when i was pregnant cause i was unaware that my own gyne did ob. Good Luck!

If you are moving into this area let me know and i can give you the number.

I'm not sure of your benefits so I'll give you one for each system that is around this area:

I use Penn Plum Family Medicine, Dr. Gregory Smith and his associates. They are all SO wonderful & all deliver at Magee. There are several offices so it should be easy to get to no matter what part of Pittsburgh you're in. I go to the Fox Chapel office, the number is ###-###-####. They can give you a number or info on any other office if a different one is closer. They carry UPMC Benefits.

For my first child I had Dr. Murhaf Naddour. He is amazing! Dr. Naddour is located out of Natrona Heights and the number is ###-###-####. They carry benefits for West Penn Allegheny Health System.

TRY,
Dr Rossato; Robinson obgyn. ###-###-####. Shes in Robinson township and at ohio valley. Good luck with your move.

Check out McGee Women's Hospital in Oakland! I'm 21 weeks pregnant and have gone there the whole time. They're fantastic!

Hello M.,
i'm not sure where in Pittsburgh you will be moving but my OB/GYN is OB/GYN of Pgh and they have a couple different locations and they go to Magee Womens Hospital. The phone number to the Monroeville office that i go to is ###-###-####. hope this helps in your search.
:)

Womencare Associates (at Magee Hosptial) are great. Phone is ###-###-####. I usually saw Dr. Moore (who delivered my son via C-section) or Dr. Alvarado. They are pretty traditional, conservative OBs. If you like a more "holistic" approach," a lot of people like the midwives at Magee too. (I don't know thier number.)

Welcome to Pittsburgh. I hope you love it as much as we do!

Where in Pittsburgh are you relocating to?
Dr. Bulseco has a group in the South HIlls (offices are in McMurray and at St. Clair hospital). The group is wonderful. There are 4 women and 1 man. All the doctors are great. The male doctor delivered my son, and he was absolutley wonderful. Their phone number is ###-###-####.

Do you know what part of Pgh you'll be living in. The suburban areas are spread out, but in the city the West Penn hospital in Bloomfield, used to have midwives who worked in conjunction with the doctors, and there is a birthing center that I have heard positive things about as well. My doctor came to my house and delivered my son at home. That was a wonderful experience, unfortunately Dr. Ruth Masters is retired. Magee hospital is state of the art in technology, if you are concerned about problems, although I find all the technology they rutinely rely on, a bit intrusive. Good luck!
The city of Pgh is a great place to raise kids!
N

It looks like you have great advice from various parts of the city, I moved to Pgh when I was 27 wks pregnant a few years ago. I used Womencare Associates orange division at Magee Hospital (part of UPMC). It is in Oakland and very close to homes in the East End and Southside neighborhoods. They are a wonderful, all female practice. ###-###-####. Goosd luck and welcome to Pittsburgh!

1 / 3