Need Jeans for Tall Thin Teen!

My tall 13 yo's legs have grown out of the Gap Kids jeans but his waist is still too small for men's jeans. I have yet to see a pair of men's jeans with a waist smaller than 28 and legs long enough. ANY IDEAS? While he is more than happy to wear the same pair of jeans with the hole in the knee every day, I am getting desperate! And I'm not sure why the pants he's wearing today- GapKids sz 16- fit him, yet the ones at the store do not...HELP!

We went to the Levi's store today and bought 2 pairs--and a belt. Thank goodness- his old pair now has a hole in each knee and are in the trash. Thanks to everyone who responded! And I found a connection with all the people who responded with Kohls & JCPenney--they both sell Levi's.

Try ordering from the Land's End catalogue. They do have the small waist and you can get the length customized.

K.-

You may want to find a good taylor. Buy the length that he needs and have them taken in at the waist.

You might try Old Navy they seem to bridge the gap pretty well. A.

hello,
my friend just went through this with her daughter she is very tall and slim. she ended up at j.c. penny

hope this helps

I purchase ALL my boys clothing at Sears. They also have jeans that are slim in his size. The awesome thing about Sears is the Kid Advantage Program. If my son rips the jeans, i bring them back and exchange them for a new pair for FREE! What a great savings!

Mom of 4 boys

Go for girls. I know it sounds crazy, but two of my daughters guy friends have done this with success. No one has to know, unless they want them to. (I wear guys jeans!)

I deal with this with a 10 year old boy! J.C. Penney's is a very good choice! Also, Lee Jeans (for boys still has the "sure to fit" waist band that can tighten from the inside. Kohl's carries these and also Van's "Slimbo", with is a narrow legged jean (if he likes narrow-legged jeans - my son really likes them but he looks so narrow!) Also, Abercrombie and Hollister are good choices for slender males and if you don't want to pay the prices of those, go to a PLATOS Closet, which is an incredible store w/ hundreds of jeans for teens, gently used, and prices are much cheaper, lots of variety - and all the popular, expensive-label jeans! They have a few north locations...Skokie and Libertyville, as well as Shaumburg and all around Chicago and suburbs. My daughter loves shopping there and they have a guys section too. You can also make money selling used clothes - they're picky about what they accept but, that's not a terrible thing. Plus, every shop carries different stuff. Warning...It's not the kind of shop for a person who only has 15 minutes to shop. It's organized - but you still have to have time to look! Good luck.

I have shopped for my niece who is tall and slender and I have found that the clothes found in the junior's department at Von Maur are not much bigger than the girl's sizes. For example, I bought her a size 1 in junior's and she still had some size 14 and 16's from the girl's department. The higher end items seem to be cut smaller these days and that is where I have had luck. And my brother-in-law is the same way, he just turned 16 and is very tall and very slender and he shops either at Von Maur young men's or Abercrombie because ALL the clothes at Abercrombie run small. Hope this helps!

1 / 3