Need Insurance for Baby

We are looking for insurance for our 4month old baby. We applied for CHIPS and were denied (we make too much to quality but too little to survive). So we have been paying cash for all of her doctors visits. Since we are living off of one income we can no longer do this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Did you not qualify for Mediacaid? Thats what my boys are on, but the drawback is you can only choose a doc that takes medicaid. The WIC office offers shots for free to $20.

You should check out: www.mybenefitsplus.com/chelseybrown These are great benefits. For an entire household is $59.95 a month.

I can't say that I know what you are going through because with my husbands job(he works for UPS) we have completely free awesome insurance. But, I did receive this flier in the mail today about UniCare Health insurance and thought of you the minute that I seen it. It says they offer UniCare FIT insurance plans and what that is, is you can choose a deductible to FIT your budget and get unlimited in-network office visits with a $30 co-pay. For more information call 1-800-226-3794 ID#C397. It has examples of monthly rates and for one child only under1:$86 1-17yrs:$53 or you can check out there website at www.healthuni.com I really hope this helps. I am sure some insurance is better than no insurance.
~A.~

We use UniCare for our 2-year old son. The customer service number on the back of my insurance card is 800-718-9355. I think we pay about $60 per month. You might want to call a few places for a quote to see what fits in your budget.

My kids are on Unicare the only problem I have is that Unicare will not pay for any pre-existing conditions. But other than that it id good insurance.

Melaleuca has a great insurance plan and it is alot cheaper than alot of the places I have seen!!! Plus you can build a business with it also and increase your income!!! Let me know if you want some more info on it!!!!

~C.

Make sure to ask your doctor for a cash discount if you haven't already. They will usually knock off at least 20% if they know you don't have insurance or insurance won't cover something.

You might want to consider buying only a catestrophic health insurance policy to pay for really big stuff and continue paying cash for routine care.

Paying for insurance to cover routine care will not be less expensive than paying for all of your routine visits yourself. If you find a policy for $500 a month, that's $6,000 a year. That's a lot of $70 office visits and $300 well visits (with shots).

Do you belong to any professional groups, AAA, Sam's, or church? You may be able to get a big insurance discount by joining in with their group policy (it spreads around the risk).

Good luck to you.

H.,
Unicare has pretty good prices. I am right there with you on being "inbetween"!

Try Humana at 800-351-2056. We pay 67.00 per month with no deductible on prescriptions - 3 tiers of 10.00,30.00 and 50.00, and 4 yearly visits with doctor at 25.00 co-pay. This is a PPO, 80/20 plan. They also have other options. If your baby has many prescriptions or dr. visits it may be worth it. If not, you may be better off without and hope you don't have an emergency or hospital stay. Insurance is tough - you need it but probably won't use it!

Perhaps your dr. will give you a discounted rate knowing you do not have insurance. It won't hurt to ask and the worse that can happen is that they say no.

1 / 3