Need Ideas What to Do with Chuck Roast Leftovers

Updated on July 08, 2008
M.B. asks from Flower Mound, TX

My family loves a good roast. Although, it seems we are always throwing away good leftovers because it spends a week in the fridge and no one wants to eat it. If any of you have any great recipe ideas for leftover chuck roast, I would love know what they are! Thanks in advance!

• Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

Smallavatar-fefd015f3e6a23a79637b7ec8e9ddaa6

E.L.

answers from Dallas on

chop up chuck roast and warm up corn tortillas. Then chop up cilantro and radishes with a spritz of lime and add to tacos. Delicious!

E.L.

answers from Dallas on

K.H.

answers from Dallas on

i use it to make stew or you can shred it & add bbq sauce to it for bbq sammies

C.D.

answers from Dallas on

Hi M.! I made this request awhile back for pot roast, I got 67 responses. You can look at all of the ideas by pulling up the topic "Food and Eating", and the sub-catagory "meal prep". My topic is Leftover Potroast. Hope this helps you, it sure helped me! Good luck!

T.L.

answers from Dallas on

Another tip that we always do, is shred it and make tacos!! Soooo yummy!! Sometimes I buy a roast thinking it's going to be a 'roast' dinner, but after it's cooked in the crockpot, it's PERFECT for shredded beef tacos! YUMMMM!! I do the same for pork roast!

N.R.

answers from Dallas on

We make burritos with left over roast or, make a stew and freeze it for a rainy day.When you make burritos just drain it if there is a lot juice. Spice it up a little. You can add bell peppers/onions or just black beans, sour cream, cheese and salsa. You can also make barbecue sandwiches with them. My kids love any type of burritos! Hope it helps.

C.W.

answers from Dallas on

I've made beef pot pie out of it as well. Use the roll out pie dough for convenience, a can of cream of soup, and a jar of beef gravy if you don't have enough from the leftovers, and a can of vegall. Bake it at 375 for about 30 minutes, and you have an easy meal. My family enjoys this for a change of pace from chicken pot pie.

N.T.

answers from Amarillo on

My favorite way to "redo" any kind of meat is to pair it with favorite vegetables rolled in a puffed pastry dough then baked. Most of the time my family doesn't even realize it is a "redo". Good luck!

B.L.

answers from Dallas on

You could turn it into a beef stew for your family. Just cut it up into smaller pieces and put it with some veggies (along with brown gravy). You will have an awesome stew!

Next question: Leftover Pot Roast