Need Ideas on What to Do with Cat While on Vacation!

Hi Moms! Going on vacation soon for 10 days and need ideas on what to do with my cat while we're away. She's an awesome cat and I would hate to have her spend 10 days in a cage at a vet somewhere. I know they have boarding for dogs where they let them out and let them play with other dogs but wasn't sure if there was anything like this for cats. Anyway, any suggestions on a fun place for the cat to stay would be greatly appreciated!

I am a pet sitter, so depending on where you live, I would love to help you out! Call me if you like ###-###-####. I have been in business for 6 years and have many references.

I take care of many cats and all of them have different needs. Sometimes I go over every other day or so, some people have me come over twice a day, and everything in between.

Cats typically hate to be moved around, so staying in their environment is ususally best. I would love to help you if I can!

Do you have to take your cat out of the house? I always had someone come to my house. Every day, the catsitter would come over, feed my kitty and play with her. Cats do much better if they stay in their environment. I would think taking her to a strange place with unfamiliar smells and barking dogs would be extremely stressful.

Hey L., have you looked into Pete and Mac's? http://www.petemac.com/boarding.shtml

L.,

We use Tails R Waggin at 151st and Metcalf and love it for our dogs. They have a cat room with a play area and then their little kennels. They will take you on a tour to check it out.

L. K.

For the past few years, anytime we go on vacation, we board our two cats at Animal Medical Center off of 75th St. between Wornall and Main. I don' t know about other places, but they put our cats together in a "kitty condo" which lets them stay together or separate themselves if they want. The staff at this office play with our cats and pet them beyond belief. Our cats always come home 10 times sweeter than when they went. I would just call and ask whoever you call what they do with the animals in their care.

I suggest Pete & Mac's. They are a little expensive, but my dogs don't mind going. (not sure about cats) when we go out of town, I usually just ask our 8 year old neighbor to come by during the day.

Normally with a cat I would just have someone come in and make sure they are fed, watered and litter box cleaned. If your cat is very social I would suggest having a house-sitter. We are taking 5-weeks this year and I've recruited a couple of college-aged kids from church to stay at the house while we are gone to care for our animals and keep them company. I suggested a weekly wage for their time since it sounds better than breaking it down on a daily wage. They need the extra money for college so they are normally willing. In addition, it doesn't take away from any other summer time job they have.

There is an animal haven? (sorry, I can't remember the name) in Belton, MO on Main street. They adopt animals out. I do not know if they board animals? However, the cats are free to roam the building. The have chairs, ledges, etc. to lay around on and toys to play with. It might be a place you cat would enjoy?

1 / 3