Need Ideas of How to Ask for Donations for B-day Party Instead of Gifts?

Hi Ladies,
Well i have 3 girls who got lots of toys for christmas.My little one's b-day is coming up on the 15th.I wanted to ask our family to instead of giving her more toys to help with us taking them all to Disneyland.Do any of you have ideas of how i can come up with an invitation without asking so forward for money...it feels a little strange to ask for but i know my girls would love to go and they have enough toys already.I was thinking of putting it as her asking for her birthday wish to meet her favorite princess or something to that effect.I was wanting to make a treasure box up that family members could put their cards in & open them up instead of gifts.I was going to make the party princess theme as well.I'm just not sure about how to word the invitation.Any advice??

WOW-Thanks for all your great ideas!!Yes these invites would only be going to family so i'm sure they would be understanding of this gesture.I put it as her wishing to meet her favorite princesses and that the party will be held at her castle.I put we are having a special treasure box for Jaden's wish to meet the princesses at Disneyland.You can help our little princess, Jaden, wish come true by adding to her treasure box with Disney giftcards or spending money if you wish.We added princess images to the invite as well.Thanks for all your help!!

I have a girlfriend with 2-girls that have their family only give disney dollars for X-mas. So every year they have a pass to go to disneyland any time they want. Now at days it is so expensive to go, you have to save a couple of hundreds of dollars for the whole family to go.

You may want to suggest a gift card to the Disney store and then you can use the gift card money towards the admission ticket to Disneyland.

How about....
"(Daughters Names here) Birthday Wish this year is to visit with their favorite Princesses at Disneyland!
Help me make their wishes come true.....
Donations truly apprciated in lieu of gifts!
Many thanks!"

Or something to that effect...I know how costly that place could be. It's almost a car payment!

I advise that you only ask close family members and friends for money/Disney dollars, etc. This should be a private conversation, either in person or a quick phone call. Explain to them the situation and say that you are asking for "no gifts," and if they still want to give something, they could contribute any amount to the up-coming trip. You should set out a box for cards (which will hopefully be stuffed with money) and the tresure box is a great idea! All other guests should get an invitation which simply states "no gifts please." Hopefully they will get the hint or your close friends/family will spread the word. Either way, you and our children should be polite and gracious about whatever gifts they are given. Have a great party!
Take Care,
F.

Do you have a good friend or relative who could organize the donations? A phone call from someone other than you explaining the situation and asking for donations might be more palatable than you personally asking for money.

Dearest Jen,
I've done that before, where we don't have a birthday party for my girls and instead we take them to Disneyland. It's actually simple. You let the immediate family, like inlaws, parents close aunts and uncles that this year you won't be having a birthday party for the girls but instead that you will be taking them to Disneyland and if they would like to help out with the expenses, especially giving the girls their own money to spend there, that that would be great. Usually when I've done this, because I've done it twice already, each grandma, grandpa, aunt and uncle gives the girls each at least $20. No invitations needed just let them know what your plans are.

How about....
Many thanks!"

“Make our little princess dream come true by donating towards the gift of going to the kingdom of all princesses, Disneyland. It will make (list her name) day having fun with (list down her favorite Disney princess), which would be a gift in itself.”

ALSO- What would be very cool is to buy the tickets in advance, wrapping her ticket in a small box and then a little bigger box, and another bigger box, etc. You can continue to the amount of your choosing to make it fun and exciting. What you could do to, is take a portion of the money towards gift shopping for your daughter to spend on what she, the princess of the day, would like to buy, with your rules of buying stuff. Girls love to shop.

Good Luck with what you decide to do.
May Father God's blessings be upon your day :)

You can't tell people which gifts to give your child for a birthday present. Perhaps you could ask your family to help you with a trip to Disneyland. Good luck!

1 / 3